What do you do and where do you come from? (6 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
What's funny is my older brother always used to take him outside in the backyard and do that older-younger brother thing: whipping his ass in a wrestling match. 16 pilgrimages to his master's dojo in Japan later, my younger brother still doesn't have the upper hand over him. ;) (And for comparison, my older brother is an actuary. His deadly weapon is health insurance derivatives.)

Perhaps the lesson there is that no matter what you do, family pecking orders supercede everything...
I dont know why but that conjures up a pic of Moggi taking down Zlatan.

PS: Got to say you're right about the family pecking order. Its like at dinner, when my mom fills my dog's bowl first.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Mechatronics? What job where you supposed to have had then?
more into Automation (automated....processing,production,manufacturing etc...) and yes perhaps into Robotics, like building Gundams :D :D except not as fashionable.

Hey Im the Festo Mechatronics National Champs (Indonesia) :strong::star::strong: (nice to brag about something I wont get to show off in my CV)

thats y its a bit sad that I'm not working as an engineer :sob:, it would look pretty good for my CV :D :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Btw,I share ur interests and u describe very well the feelings of travelling. Thats how I feel, leaving alone (a good type of loneliness), just ready to explore and meet new people and places.

Too bad I didnt make it to Holland when I was having my intern in Germany.

I like to go to smoky underground jazz and blues bars on rainy autumn wednesday evenings, I love to write and I like travelling in all its aspects (from loneliness on departure to meeting exiting new people from that point onwards and the heartbreak of leaving them behind when you return).

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
very! i look forward to going back to europe to see other countries including holland when I have the time and money. but before that I intend to explore my neighboor countries more.

you learn alot by meting people, and the connections you make are priceless. It may lead you to some unexpected path in life.....or a new perception on the things we regard as tradition.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Exactly! That's why I'm planning a trip to the States cause I've seen Europe now. When I've gone there I want to visit Egypt and maybe one day Oceania & Indonesia cause I've heard so much about it (obviously history et all).

If you go to Holland, I suggest the following cities: Amsterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Maastricht. They are the most diverse, you'll have seen it all :)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
There's alot to see in Indonesia, but very few are easily accesable and the few that are, are usually not very well maintained (cleanliness and stuff).

I've been all over the states, I've been to all but 2 states: Alaska and Oregon (skipped it and went straight to Washington).

My father loved to Travel, thats why when I was living in the states, we managed to travel about every summer. Making Cross country trips. Many beautiful places, national parks, entertainment hotspots, technological brilliance. From mt. rushmore to crazy horse(wonder if thats done yet) to the sierras, to las vegas. Damn I miss my childhood :moan:

I'd love to go back someday, but for now I'd like to see other parts of the world, thats y my education is closely related to Germany (but I dont speak German nor Dutch).

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Exactly! That's why I'm planning a trip to the States cause I've seen Europe now. When I've gone there I want to visit Egypt and maybe one day Oceania & Indonesia cause I've heard so much about it (obviously history et all).

If you go to Holland, I suggest the following cities: Amsterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Maastricht. They are the most diverse, you'll have seen it all :)
Liar :p

Your only going to America to share Andy's bed :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Been to Maastricht several times, I love it.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That's good to hear!

++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
There's alot to see in Indonesia, but very few are easily accesable and the few that are, are usually not very well maintained (cleanliness and stuff).

I've been all over the states, I've been to all but 2 states: Alaska and Oregon (skipped it and went straight to Washington).

My father loved to Travel, thats why when I was living in the states, we managed to travel about every summer. Making Cross country trips. Many beautiful places, national parks, entertainment hotspots, technological brilliance. From mt. rushmore to crazy horse(wonder if thats done yet) to the sierras, to las vegas. Damn I miss my childhood :moan:

I'd love to go back someday, but for now I'd like to see other parts of the world, thats y my education is closely related to Germany (but I dont speak German nor Dutch).
Woh that's so cool man. My parents love to travel too but I come from a poor family so I've never been outside Europe. But I'm glad my parents taught me how to travel ever since I was born cause you can really use the experience.

Age 1 and they already had me in Barcelona :D

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Liar :p

Your only going to America to share Andy's bed :D
You know, that's not solely my decision to make :redface: So I gotta have a back-up motive!!!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
You won't believe this but the past week has been hot. We are touching on 26 degrees & it's so beautiful ..... Damn this is a beautiful place when the weather is good.
Am good Eric, thanks. Life couldn't be better :D Since I got married last year I have to spend 6 months in Europe & 6 months in Kenya. So it's all good. You still in Italy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)