What did u think about Lippi's new formation? (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I think Marcelo Lippi is the greatest coach in the world today.
The formation that he played with in the Italian Super Cup, shows that he is the best in his line of work.
Mr.Lippi made a formation that would suite all the player, and all the players new/old woud have a place.

The formation is 4-5-1

Buffon(chimenti)

thuram(brindelli)-legro(ferrara-fresi)-Montero(Iuliano-tudor)-Zambrotta(Pessotto)

davids(appiah-tudor)-tacchinardi(conte-maresca)

Nedved(Maresca)
Del Piero(Camoranesi) Miccoli(Di vaio)
Trezeguet(Di vaio-zalayeta)

I think that if this formation succeeds,then it would the best plan for this year.And if this plan didn't work then Mr.Lippi could change it to the regular plan of last year in one change( he changes camoranesi with alex or miccoli) or he can make miccoli a right midfielder.
:greedy:

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think you mean the 4-2-3-1 formation .. It looks good on paper but didn't actually work on the field against Milan .. we suddenly looked more solid and secure when Lippi reverted back to the 4-4-2 formation .. maybe this new formation needs more time to work

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Its a great formation but it will take time to work because you are essentially playing Del Piero and Miccoli out of position. Remember after Real Madrid bought Figo and Zidane, it took a while for it to work too. So we need time but I feel that based on the characteristics of the players involved, its the most offensive and dangerous formation we can come up with.

Remember that was the first time that Lippi tried this and I think Lippi will try it again. In that formation, the rest of the team (barring Nedved-Miccoli-DP-Trez) must be more defensive with the exception of perhaps Zambrotta in order to have the correct balance. Thats why I think Lippi opted not to have Davids on the field because what seperates Davids from other DMs is that he is quite willing to attack and Lippi tried using Davids in a full time def mid position against ManU and didn't do too well.

I predict Juve will drop a lot of points in the first qtr of the season as Lippi does heaps of experimenting....and he SHOULD because there are sooo many tactical alternatives with this squad and its worth it in the long run.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
Its a great formation but it will take time to work because you are essentially playing Del Piero and Miccoli out of position. Remember after Real Madrid bought Figo and Zidane, it took a while for it to work too. So we need time but I feel that based on the characteristics of the players involved, its the most offensive and dangerous formation we can come up with.

Remember that was the first time that Lippi tried this and I think Lippi will try it again. In that formation, the rest of the team (barring Nedved-Miccoli-DP-Trez) must be more defensive with the exception of perhaps Zambrotta in order to have the correct balance. Thats why I think Lippi opted not to have Davids on the field because what seperates Davids from other DMs is that he is quite willing to attack and Lippi tried using Davids in a full time def mid position against ManU and didn't do too well.

I predict Juve will drop a lot of points in the first qtr of the season as Lippi does heaps of experimenting....and he SHOULD because there are sooo many tactical alternatives with this squad and its worth it in the long run.
Good post :thumb: As you said, the formation is a very interesting one and is probably the most attacking formation that we can come up with. No other scheme gives us the freedom of playing Miccoli, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet in the same lineup, but as you intelligently pointed out, Miccoli and Del Piero are being played out of position so it will probably take a while for them to get used to their new roles.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well, this formation was first seen last season by Traps for the Azzurri i believe. And this is where Lippi got the idea from although it was no secret that Lippi was kind of playing that formation as Camoranesi was playing the more advanced role on the right.

nonetheless, its a good formation because it helps solve our main problem last season which was lack of creativity. Last season, when Camoranesi was in form, he was being very creative for us but once he lossed that form, our only creative player on the field was Del Piero.

So, with this line up and having Miccoli in the team who in my opinion is more creative and better overall than Camoranesi in this formation, it helps solve that creative problem.

Lippi definately has the correct players to play this formation, and he has very good backs up in midfield and upfront, with maybe the exception of a direct replacement for Trez, which Moggi could still buy.

The only area which i do worry about is the defence. Especially with back ups for thuram and zambrotta. pessotto is old and we dont know what to expect of him and birindelli is capable of being solid, or shocking. So it would be good to get maybe a younger more reliable player who can play both roles.

I think Lippi should persist with this line up, and i believe that it wont take long for the players to gel in it. Come to think of it, Del Piero and Miccoli both play the same role for the national team anyway, so they know how to work it.

I just hope that we play better attacking football next season. Last season we had some good attacking spells where we would score many goals in consecutive games and then we would suddenly dry up. i want us to play exciting attacking football, along with good solid defensive displays as well. just like we use to do back in 95-96-97.

JuveBrava

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
I think Marcelo Lippi is the greatest coach in the world today.
The formation that he played with in the Italian Super Cup, shows that he is the best in his line of work.
Mr.Lippi made a formation that would suite all the player, and all the players new/old woud have a place.

The formation is 4-5-1

Buffon(chimenti)

thuram(brindelli)-legro(ferrara-fresi)-Montero(Iuliano-tudor)-Zambrotta(Pessotto)

davids(appiah-tudor)-tacchinardi(conte-maresca)

Nedved(Maresca)
Del Piero(Camoranesi) Miccoli(Di vaio)
Trezeguet(Di vaio-zalayeta)

I think that if this formation succeeds,then it would the best plan for this year.And if this plan didn't work then Mr.Lippi could change it to the regular plan of last year in one change( he changes camoranesi with alex or miccoli) or he can make miccoli a right midfielder.
:greedy:
I don't think 4-2-3-1 is a new formation for JUVE.
Lippi also had used this formation last season starting when Del Piero injury period.
This formation originally was to cope of losing Del Piero on the pitch (before that Juve was using 4-3-1-2).
But the 4-2-3-1 formation were actually perform better than they're predicted.

----------------------------Buffon-------------------------------
--Thuram------Ferrara-------------Montero---------Zambie---
------------------Tacchinardi----Davids--------------------------
------Camo------------------------------------------Di Vaio-----
----------------------------Nedved---------------------------
---------------------------Trezeguet-------------------------

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri ] ++

who will be coaching Juve then ???
no bad feeling, i want him to handle the NT as well.
Don Fabio Capello is the one who should coach the azzurri. :thumb:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++

Don Fabio Capello is the one who should coach the azzurri. :thumb:
yeah...lippi should stay with the azzuri untill he retired...capello has bean coaching a lot of clubs now..about time he coach the NT for a change.. the problem is to make sure his availability come the time trap screw up

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
to be truthful, no matter which coach is in charge of the national team, they seem to lose their marbles.

there is something wrong with the national team and it goes further than the training ground. people in high places have too much influence...a lot of politics etc...

lets face it, the only way italy will the world cup again is if they get a coach who cant speak a word of italian and doesnt take orders from above. simple as that.

there is always a player who is chosen and deserve it, or there are always players who dont mak eit when they should and there is always an issue of leaving a star on the bench. same old shit every time!

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Trap actually got the 4-2-3-1 idea from Lippi and not the other way around. At the same time, Empoli used the same formation last year.

But a 4-2-3-1 is no real revelation because its basically a 4-4-2 with a striker playing just behind the centre forward. One could argue that Juve always had a similar tactical set up. The difference is that the wingers are a little more advanced and that gives leeway for someone like Miccoli or Del Piero to play as advanced wingers.

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
yeah, i believe that the 4-2-3-1 formation was used by lippi last season to cover del piero's absence in the squad and also to add some creativitiveness to the team.

but i stll think the 4-3-1-2 was the best formation used by lippi. we were much stronger with this formation and just because the absence of neddy in the final cost us to change the whole situation and play 4-4-2.

A7midy

Aug 11, 2003
Miccoli add a new demention to the attack, when watching the Milan game you see how Nedved kept passing him long and useing his speed especially in counter attacks. I think we were lacking this purst of speed now we have a player that can provide that and we all know that he is not affraid to take his chances in front of goal....
I totally agree with Hydde

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)