What did u think about Lippi's new formation? (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
good poitn regarding speed. i think juve might lack that in attack these days. Trezeguet isnt there for his speed obviously and del piero isnt as fast as he once was. Nedved pushes forward and is fairly fast, but more powerful than blistering pace. Camoranesi is fast, not sure if he boasts the pace of miccoli, but he definately hasnt got the creativity and skill of miccoli and most importantly wouldnt be able to score as much as miccoli can. Miccoli is more of a natural.

so i think Miccoli has to be in the team for two reasons. First, his creativity skills which juve lacked last season and two, his pace which i think we lack at times upfront.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Well, if we really want to use speed, then Miccoli and Di Vaio should be on the pitch.

-----------------Buffon--------------------

Thuram---Legro---Montero---Zambro

-------------Tacch---Davids--------------

-----Miccoli---Nedved---Del Piero------

-----------------Di Vaio---------------------

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
NO, i didnt mean that speed was essential. i was saying that we lacked abit of speed upfront as trez and dp are not the fastest forwards. This is another reason for Miccoli being in the starting line up. he gives us more speed in the team and in attack.

If you want to base our game on speed, then Di Vaio and Miccoli should be upfront and trez on bench, possibly along with dp.

Hydde, explain this Maresca-nedved-miccoli all in the same line up. I only see this if tacchinardi or Davids is benched.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Well it is possible if you bench either DP, Tacch or Davids.

If you bench Tacch...

-----------------Buffon---------------------

----------Maresca---Davids--------------

------------------Trez----------------------

If you bench Davids...

-----------Tacch---Maresca--------------

If you bench DP...

-----------Tacch----Davids--------------

----------------Nedved---Maresca------
-----Miccoli--------------------------------

....and thats just for the 4-2-3-1 module!

But Hell....there is an infinite array of tactical possibilities with this incredibly versatile squad. That is the most attractive thing about Juve this season....VERSATILITY....I don't think there is one team in Europe that has the same strength in that regard.:eek:

Robert

Jun 9, 2003
-------------------------BUFFON--------------------------
--------------MONTERO--------LEGROTAGGLIE-------
----THURAM-----------------------------------------------
---------------------TACCHINARDI------ZAMBROTTA--
------------DAVIDS-------------NEDVED----------------
--CAMORANESI------------------------------------------
-------------------DIVAIO---------DELPIERO-----------
I think it looks like 3-5-2 or 3-6-1.Zambrota is defender,midfielder,attacking player in the same time.You can transform this system in 4-4-2 also.:cool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Robert ] ++
-------------------------BUFFON--------------------------
--------------MONTERO--------LEGROTAGGLIE-------
----THURAM-----------------------------------------------
---------------------TACCHINARDI------ZAMBROTTA--
------------DAVIDS-------------NEDVED----------------
--CAMORANESI------------------------------------------
-------------------DIVAIO---------DELPIERO-----------
I think it looks like 3-5-2 or 3-6-1.Zambrota is defender,midfielder,attacking player in the same time.You can transform this system in 4-4-2 also.:cool:
If we some of them fails, lippi have plebty of options to make changes in time.

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
di vaio and trez will have to compete each other to partner del piero and i think miccoli must be included in that lineup, then our attacking force would be much stronger.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Well it looks like Lippi may try Miccoli on the right wing for the start of Serie A. He played in that position against Napoli and scored twice and made one assist. This will mean that we are more likely to use Appiah in central midfield.

--------------------Buffon/-------------------
-------------------Chimenti------------------

Thuram/---Legro/---Monero/---Zambro/
Birri---------Tudor----Ferrara---Pessotto

--------------Tacch/---Appiah/--------------
--------------Conte---Maresca--------------

------Miccoli/----Nedved/----Del Piero/----
------Camo------Olivera-----Di Vaio--------

----------------------Trez/----------------------
--------------------Zalayeta-------------------

And to mention: No Davids? Well we'll see...I have assumed he is sold although it will be a tough battle for all our mids to get a 1st team place with our depth now. I see why Juve would rather sell him now then run the risk of him leaving on a free transfer next season. Oh and Fresi and Iuliano can play anywhere on that backline.

If someone like Klose joins us then we look very dangerous. It certainly looks like a more attacking Juve this year.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Actually catenaccio... Fresi shouldn't play anywhere near that backline and Iuliano no where but central defence ;) .

It seems Olivera will finally go to Empoli too.

Otherwise I agree with mostly everything but for Davids not being there.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The only way that Miccoli, Nedved and Del Piero can co-exist in one line-up is that we play the 4-2-3-1 system which I think is best for us and Italy at the moment.

Buffon
Thuram Legrottaglie Montero Zambrotta
Tacchinardi Davids
Miccoli Nedved Del Piero
Trezeguet

Chimenti
Birindelli Ferrara Iuliano Pessotto
Maresca Appiah
Camoranesi Olivera Di Vaio
Zalayeta

Our first team is capable of winning the CL and Lo Scudetto while the second team should clinch the Coppa Italia with little problems :)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The thing I fear this year is if Trezeguet performs and whether he will perform under this module. I have a funny feeling that Di Vaio may take his place because of his movement.

I mean:

Miccoli---Nedved---Del Piero

------------Di Vaio---------------

When Real Madrid played a similar system, they had Morientes or Ronaldo up front. Neither of which scored a lot of goals in the air.

Di Vaio is fast, works hard and moves more, and has been in really good pre-season form. I think he can play MUCH MUCH better than he did for us last year.

If this is the case, I would not be surprised to see Tudor play in midfield because he gives us presence in the box. We can't expect Miccoli, Nedved or DP to head too many in for us.

I also hope Legro can follow in the footsteps of Ferrara and Montero in heading in a few goals during the season too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)