What Car Do You Drive? (9 Viewers)

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I so badly want to test drive classic cars. Unfortunately, the electric steering has ruined almost every modern car's personality. Thanks to greenhouse emission and fuel consumption requirements.

- - - Updated - - -

Test drove a friends new Porsche 911 - souless - relatively speaking of course.
BMW -The Ultimate Driving Machine should now be called The Ultimate Computer Driving Machine.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The BMW M division appears to be rediscovering it’s touch after a few yrs of Matuidi-ness.
I've always found it funny how the M2/M3 are more expensive then a literal 718 and the M5 is in freakin 911 territory. These are actual beasts designed to crush, compared to a line of morbidly obese sedans with oversized engines and nanny state electronics.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I've always found it funny how the M2/M3 are more expensive then a literal 718 and the M5 is in freakin 911 territory. These are actual beasts designed to crush, compared to a line of morbidly obese sedans with oversized engines and nanny state electronics.
morbidly obese sedan and nanny state electronics? sounds like mercedes

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
morbidly obese sedan and nanny state electronics? sounds like mercedes
AMG line of pretend sportscars is no better than the M line, that's true.

Modern car industry is guilty of this as a whole. Back in the days high prices were derived from build quality and longevity, now you pay for 400kg worth of infotainment gimmicks and driver assistance systems for the mentaily impaired. These are of course not designed to last, nonono, they are meant to get the service bills going especially since when everything is integrated a simple malfunction causes the entire dashboard or center console or whatever system to be replaced.

Blah blah blah, old man yelling at cloud again.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
AMG line of pretend sportscars is no better than the M line, that's true.

Modern car industry is guilty of this as a whole. Back in the days high prices were derived from build quality and longevity, now you pay for 400kg worth of infotainment gimmicks and driver assistance systems for the mentaily impaired. These are of course not designed to last, nonono, they are meant to get the service bills going especially since when everything is integrated a simple malfunction causes the entire dashboard or center console or whatever system to be replaced.

Blah blah blah, old man yelling at cloud again.
I don’t disagree. A bunch of the driver assistance systems are pretty useful tho. Mainly the front/back and side sensors since I have to pull up in a small parking spot and since the car is so big (3 series), it’s impossible to see

I turned off the lane assistance because it would steer by itself all the time and is a surefire way to cause an accident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)