What Car Do You Drive? (16 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really want a hybrid, I have tried the Auris Sport Combi a few times and I really like it, it's a bit smaller than our current car but still roomy enough for a family. The RAV4 hybrid looks nice, I haven't tried it but it should be as good if not better than the Auris. Then if we leave Toyota the Outlander seems to be something, a bit pricey though but it's because it a plug in hybrid.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hybrids are an incredible pollution to the enviroment considering how they are produced

When comparing CO2 output :

Making 1 Toyota Prius equals to making 1 Landrover discorery and let it drive 200 000km.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hybrids are an incredible pollution to the enviroment considering how they are produced

When comparing CO2 output :

Making 1 Toyota Prius equals to making 1 Landrover discorery and let it drive 200 000km.
But you emit way less when driving it and the only way to lower the pollution due to production is to increase production to where it becomes more and more efficient.

And you spend less gas which for some people can be a moral issue.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But you emit way less when driving it and the only way to lower the pollution due to production is to increase production to where it becomes more and more efficient.

And you spend less gas which for some people can be a moral issue.
Sure but im just informing. Id want solar panels, a tesla powerpack or two and a tesla sportscar. Everything powered by solar energy.

Still quite expensive tho

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sure but im just informing. Id want solar panels, a tesla powerpack or two and a tesla sportscar. Everything powered by solar energy.

Yeah, a Tesla would be nice but my dream car is still a gas car and idk if that'll change haha

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I own a Tesla Model S. Nice car to drive although would like it if the suspension was a little softer - build quality should be better too. In Hong Kong, anyone thinking of buying a high end family saloon is buying a Tesla - they are everywhere here - primarily because you pay no First Registration Tax (FRT). This means it costs the same as a bottom of the range E class whereas it is priced at an S class price in the US all the way up to the price of a Panamera.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I wonder if with the advent of self driving cars sportscars will still exist for on road use. My guess is that many companies will start to focus on comfort for the passengers above all else.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I wonder if with the advent of self driving cars sportscars will still exist for on road use. My guess is that many companies will start to focus on comfort for the passengers above all else.
They allready do tbh.

Each japaneese selfrespecting car manufactor used to have one. Today ?

The GT86 and some Hyunday's.

German 'sport coupe's are actually 'little less enourmously heavy sedans with 2 doors" that cost ALOT
Japan either has expensive supercars (LFA, fakeNSX), still pretty expensive actual sport cars (EVO10, STI,GTR). MX3 isnt a sportscar.

Thats about it. Where are the affordable sportscars that doesnt need a massive engine and sophistication, but were pure fun cars to drive that perform like a fast hatchback today

back in the mid 90ties to late 90ties

Toyota : MR2, Celica, Supra
Honda : trueNSX, S2000, arguably the Integra, CRX/CRX del sol
Mitsubishi : FTO, 3000GT, Lancer
Nissan : 100sx, 200sx, 300zx, Silvia, Skyline R32,33,34
Mazda : Rx-7, MX3(sort off), later RX-8
Subaru : Impreza STI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)