What can we win? (1 Viewer)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
1) Serie A
2) UEFA Champion's League
3) UEFA Cup -if we get knocked out in first rd of CL-
4) Italian Cup

---

With our current team, do you think we can win the CL? Though our team isn't the strongest in Europe, maybe we can rely on luck to help us win.

Your views?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
If Lippi decides to deploy a 4-3-3 formation (Now that we have 6 forwards in our squad), I think we can win all 3 trophies. In the CL it's usually not mainly about squad strength, the squad's depth IMO plays a more important role, and we certainly don't lack that this year. We must aim for the treble this year. I believe we can do it (given that Davids doesn't get a red card in our most crucial CL game as he did in the last 2 seasons).

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Mind you, I'm not saying I think we will win a treble or anything. I am just saying this this team is good enough that if we get some breaks and everything falls into place, we can win 1 or more trophies. Of course you can say that about a lot of teams.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Midfield is wat too weak for Cl triumph imo
Maybe it's not as strong as some of the other major teams in Europe, but Juve have a well balanced midfield with sufficient backup. And if Juve decide to switch to a 4-3-3 system (Now that we have 6 forwards in our squad), a Davids---Nedved---Zambrotta midfield would certainly be a world class one.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i think if we wanted to win the CL, we shoulda got a midfield and a striker. We got Di Viao. but we still got holes in the mid. There's where Rivaldo would be most handy at...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
it seems to me that we will have a better chance in the CL than last year because of squad depth.
but i also think that winning the scudetto is harder ( not harder than CL of course) now that Milan and Inter are much stronger (though, Lazio is not a serious contender anymore).
ignoring the long term roaster problems( old team, need youngsters), i think this season we are complete except for one position: The Playmaker position. What would we do if Nedved gets injured or suspended!! we all know DP does not like that position. Maybe Olivera can fit in quick enough so that he can be a secure backup to Nedved.
This is why i wished rivaldo had joined juve!

Aug 21, 2002
Retaining the scudetto imo is not less important then winning CL, b'coz the challenge is far more geater with milan and inter as a far serious contender than last season. So if we could win it, it would be more prestigious i think.
But yes, it is the CL title that juve player,staff and fans hunger of. It has been 6 long years of waiting, so if i may conclude juve should aim for CL final while still be scudetto contender by retaining good position at serie A (pretty much like what RM did last season), but let's just hope we would not slipped like RM did!!

Jul 12, 2002
Wait, are you saying that winning Serie A would be viewed by the european football community as a bigger accomplishment thatn winning the CL? If you are, then I have disagree. The CL gives more money, more prestige, and hell we won the Scudetto last year, let's do something different.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
we can win the coppa Italia, and the UEfa cup if we are knocked out of the CL early enough.

CL and scudetto are unlikely to be won by us

vuyol

Sep 1, 2002
Winning ECL would underline the strength of Italian football once again and that of Juve. I'm sick and tired of being undermined by teams like Man U, Arsenal and a few others.

I'd understand if the ones talking too much were Real (they are anyways) and Bayern, Milan, Ajax and Liverpool hav not done well recently and are in no better position than us. The rest should shut up!!!

Scudetto will always be important, domestic rivalries are very important and AC and Inter hav just stepped up a challenge to us so we better make sure that we prevent them from winning.

Since it's been long since we made a mark in ECL, I'd be more than happy to get to the finals or at least semis and win scudetto.

I wish Italian clubs luck in ECL this season and I hope they do well.
Imagine a 1/4 final with these teams:

Juve
Milan
Inter
Real
Barca
Bayern
Dortmund
Ajax/Liverpool/PSV

To me it would not matter who we play but seeing us against any of those teams would measure our strength in Europe

OP
s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    How about this CL-Semi Finals....

Bayern 2 - 3 Juventus
    On aggregate

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Man Utd
    On aggregate

---

Finals
    Juventus 1 - 1 Real Madrid
    Juventus win on PK

With Zidane missing a crucial penalty :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)