What Are Your Top 5 Football Coaches/Managers? (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:tup:

Not the order I would go for, but those would be my five.
Reason why I have Cloughie number one was because he brought Forest out of nowhere to being the best team in football, plus the way he was so innovative with regard to tossing club management to the curb so that he could run the show on his own. That's the way football should be really.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Reason why I have Cloughie number one was because he brought Forest out of nowhere to being the best team in football, plus the way he was so innovative with regard to tossing club management to the curb so that he could run the show on his own. That's the way football should be really.
I would have had to put Sir Alex and Lippi as my top two, just because they are the two I have followed over a sustained period.

I have seen a fair bit of Trap but, as great as guys like Clough and Michels were, having not seen them myself, it is hard to put the list in order.

Same goes for guys like Herrera, Stein, Shankly and many others who I have read about, but have not been able to see much of their teams in action.

Oh, and I thought the coach joke was pretty obvious.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would have had to put Sir Alex and Lippi as my top two, just because they are the two I have followed over a sustained period.

I have seen a fair bit of Trap but, as great as guys like Clough and Michels were, having not seen them myself, it is hard to put the list in order.

Same goes for guys like Herrera, Stein, Shankly and many others who I have read about, but have not been able to see much of their teams in action.

Oh, and I thought the coach joke was pretty obvious.
Michels was also incredibly innovative, so that's why I added him as well. Of course most of these opinions on these older managers come from reading about them in various forms, but a decent judgement can still be made IMO.

Sometimes it's not always about trophies won either.

Ford :inter:

I work at Volvo Group (Trucks, Buses, Mack Trucks, Volvo NA, Renault Trucks and Nissan Diesel). Volvo cars is owned by Ford and Ford is fucking the company up.
You should see how the Ford family has fucked up the Detroit Lions.

Ford = Outcast Illuminati Family

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You should see how the Ford family has fucked up the Detroit Lions.

Ford = Outcast Illuminati Family
I can imagine, Ford bought Volvo cars, they take the development, their cars use a Volvo engine and gearbox, they use control units developed here for Volvo cars and sell their Ford cars for 30% of what a Volvo costs. Basically the exact same car and most of the time produced at the same line. For the past year it started going bad for Volvo in terms of sales so now after the summer vacation 1500 will get fired (both line workers and engineers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I can imagine, Ford bought Volvo cars, they take the development, their cars use a Volvo engine and gearbox, they use control units developed here for Volvo cars and sell their Ford cars for 30% of what a Volvo costs. Basically the exact same car and most of the time produced at the same line. For the past year it started going bad for Volvo in terms of sales so now after the summer vacation 1500 will get fired (both line workers and engineers)
Welcome to America.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)