What are your top 10 best footballers? (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Pele
Maradona
Cruyff
Baggio
Platini
Eusebio
Beckenbauer
Zidane
Van Basten
Di Stefano

In no particular order.Muller, Di Stefano, Gullit, Zico and Maldini would have been next in line.

Btw IMO Zidane is too often excluded in such lists because of the fact that he's still playing, looking at most of the players on the lists I must say Zidane is up there with the rest of them and indeed his technique was something else, even amongst these greats.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
1) Pelé
2) Maradona
3) Garrincha
4) Di Stefano
5) Beckenbauer
6) Cruyff
7) Meazza
8) Zico :)
9) Zidane
10) Platini

1) Brazil :)
2) Germany
3) Italy
4) Argentina :fero:
5) Holland (even without World Cup)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
1) Pele
2) Franz Beckenbauer
3) Maradona
4) Johan Cryuff
5) Michel Platini
6) Gerd Muller
7) Georgie Best
8) Bobby Charleton
9) Roberto Baggio
10) Paolo Maldini
1) Maradona
2) Pele
3) Franz Beckenbauer
4) Johan Cryuff
5) Michel Platini
6) Gerd Muller
7) Georgie Best
8) Bobby Charleton
9) Roberto Baggio
10) Paolo Maldini

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
In no real order

Zico
Scirea
Baresi
Moore
Maradona
Best
Charles
Mattheus
Jarzinho
Van Basten
Beckenbaur
Eusebio
Garrincha
Stoichkov

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
Why?! :eek:

You chose Zico and Jairzinho! And Pelé is FAR a better player than them. I don't like Pelé very much, like my avatar show, I am Zico fan... But, Pelé is better than him... Even Zico talk with Pelé if he was the "King" of Football.

Pelé score more goals than Zico, won more trophy than Zico (include 3 World Cups).

The only thing Zico "win", is he was the responsable for Flamengo become the largest supported team in brazil. Flamengo is the Brazilian number 1 team, and Santos is only the 6-7. :cool:

Please, tell me, you are joking, right? :confused:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
1- Maradona
2- Maradona (in my book deserves 2 places :D )
3- Pele
4- Johan Cryuff
5- Di Stefano
6- Van Basten
7- The Kaiser
8- Scirea
9- Eusebio
10 - Baggio

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
So are you actually gonna give a worthwhile reason ?

++ [ originally posted by Débora_BR ] ++
Why?! :eek:
Yes... Why ? ... Still waiting for an answer that means something...

You chose Zico and Jairzinho! And Pelé is FAR a better player than them.
In your opinion... Thats merely your opinion not a reason

Even Zico talk with Pelé if he was the "King" of Football.
And that proves what exactly... Zico liked pele as a player... big deal... again not proof jus someones opinion...

Pelé score more goals than Zico, won more trophy than Zico (include 3 World Cups).
Completely irrelevant... On the first point they played different roles... Number of goals scored doesnt mean better player anyway...

He won more trophies... so what, that has nothing to do with the quality of the player... It is a team game you know...

The only thing Zico "win", is he was the responsable for Flamengo become the largest supported team in brazil. Flamengo is the Brazilian number 1 team, and Santos is only the 6-7. :cool:
Again... completely irrelevant

Please, tell me, you are joking, right? :confused:
No not at all.... Again i ask... Give a real and relevant reason why i should have picked Pele ??

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
1. Fabian O'Neil
2. Salvatore Fresi
3. Sunday Oliseh
4. Robert Jarni
5. Davide Baiocco
6. Michele Paramatti
7. Marcelo Salas
8. Jocelyn Blanchard
9. Edwin Van der Sar
10. Tomas Guzman

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
1. Fabian O'Neil
2. Salvatore Fresi
3. Sunday Oliseh
4. Robert Jarni
5. Davide Baiocco
6. Michele Paramatti
7. Marcelo Salas
8. Jocelyn Blanchard
9. Edwin Van der Sar
10. Tomas Guzman
I was trying to find where woudl Drogba fit in your list :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Drogba? No, my list was ten guys who failed to impress during their short Juventus careers.
I couldn't make the connection excepot for all being players below average IMO.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

Drogba? No, my list was ten guys who failed to impress during their short Juventus careers.
Hey, Guzman never had a chance in Juve, so he never had a carrer to waste... he shouldn't be in your list...

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
What did Jairzinho and Zico made that Pelé didn't? Especialy Jairzinho. Pelé was the number 10, the magical man of the team who won in México in 70. Jairzinho was a important player of course, but not better than Pelé.

Pelé with Santos won everything possible. He played againts the strongest team in Brazil, South America and Europe. BTW, many times Santos won of Benfica of Eusébio.

Pelé won 3 times the World Cup. He couldn't played in 62-66 very much, because he was injury, mas in 58-70. He was the star. And Zico, for exemple (saddly) didnt won the World Cup.

I honestly think he culd won in 78, but Argentina bought that WC... :rolleyes:

In 82 he was the star of one of the greast team ever, and he failed. When Brazil needed of Zico, against France, in 86, he failed again. Pelé, othewise, never failed. Always did his best, and when he was 100%, he bring to us 2 World Cups.

Pelé is the best Brazilian Player of the all times. Even those who doesnt like Pelé (like I do) say that. So, IMO, if you dont pick Pelé, than you cant pick Zico, Falcão, Rivelino, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Nilton Santos... (and the continious... :cool: ).

I said a lot of reasson to pick Pelé, but you never gave to me any reasson to not do that... :rolleyes:

BTW, despite the position of Zico, he always scored a lot of Goals. He scorer with Flamengo more than 500 goals... :cool:

Débora_BR

Apr 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Débora_BR ] ++
What did Jairzinho and Zico made that Pelé didn't? Especialy Jairzinho. Pelé was the number 10, the magical man of the team who won in México in 70. Jairzinho was a important player of course, but not better than Pelé.

Pelé with Santos won everything possible. He played againts the strongest team in Brazil, South America and Europe. BTW, many times Santos won of Benfica of Eusébio.

Pelé won 3 times the World Cup. He couldn't played in 62-66 very much, because he was injury, but in 58-70 he was the star. And Zico, for exemple (saddly) didnt won the World Cup.

I honestly think he culd won in 78, but Argentina bought that WC... :rolleyes:

In 82 he was the star of one of the greast team ever, and he failed. When Brazil needed of Zico, against France, in 86, he failed again. Pelé, othewise, never failed. Always did his best, and when he was 100%, he bring to us 2 World Cups.

Pelé is the best Brazilian Player of the all times. Even those who doesnt like Pelé (like I do) say that. So, IMO, if you dont pick Pelé, than you cant pick Zico, Falcão, Rivelino, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Nilton Santos... (and the continious... :cool: ).

I said a lot of reasson to pick Pelé, but you never gave to me any reasson to not do that... :rolleyes:

BTW, despite the position of Zico, he always scored a lot of Goals. He scorer with Flamengo more than 500 goals... :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)