What are your top 10 best footballers? (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Not in order:

1) Maldini
2) Zoff
3) Platini
4) Baggio
5) Zidane
6) Del Piero
7) Platini
8) Nedved
9) Romario
10) Nesta or Cannavaro

Could be on my List soon

Puyol , Zambrotta , Buffon , Ronaldinhio ,
Yeah,.. I agree, both Platini's deserve to be in there.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
BayernFussball... so I will explain it in more simplistic terms for you my '85 friend! Your father was barely born when Pele lifted his first WC, what does that say about you? I don't care less how much you read or the amount footage you may have gotten to see throughout the years (chances remain that you've just been told Di Stefano was such a damn fine player by the right-thinking media or you juust read that in a book), you haven't for a fact EXPERIENCED the reign of most the legends you mentioned. How much credibility do you reckon your opinion holds when talking about players who made a name for themselves in the 50-60-70's? Do you not think it would be more interesting for us to read whom you've gotten to regard as the best player of the players you've actually seen play and progress?
Taking all this in consideration, I've got a question: don't you think there are a lot of players out there who are as good and better than Pele nowadays?

Of course thanks to the amount of training etcetera, but still, I think Zidane was way better than Pele.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Peruzzi

Zanetti
Maldini
Baresi
Torricelli

Paolo Sousa
Zidane
Giggs
Figo?

Del Piero
Shearer

a bit crap compared to some of the "legends" teams but a damn good team based on players i have seen enough of to judge I feel :)
You once were a Del Piero-fan :eek:?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Taking all this in consideration, I've got a question: don't you think there are a lot of players out there who are as good and better than Pele nowadays?

Of course thanks to the amount of training etcetera, but still, I think Zidane was way better than Pele.
I see Pele better then Maradona.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002

That's definitely possible! :)

Pelé was too far ahead of his time, but being 3 classes above any of his contemporaries doesn't necessarily make him 3 classes above any player of any time! The game has known such a huge development in 50 years, the facilities and training that were offered to the youth back then are just not comparable with the kind of formation young talents can enjoy now! I'm not sure the old game and the modern game are transposable! That's not categorically saying that Pelé hasn't deserved his status of best football player ever, but the fact that I'm forced to believe while I'd like to know for a fact is slightly is disturbing!

Alex

May 1, 2004
All time greats

Pele
Maradona
Eusabio- ever heard of this guy???
Di Stefano

Contempories
Zidane
R. Carlos
Ronaldo
Baggio
Rivaldo
Figo
Ockocha

For the future
Ronaldinho for sure
Henry

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
You once were a Del Piero-fan :eek:?
Yep :)

Having seen Stephs list I'm in two minds whether to put in Batigol for Shearer... its a tough'un :nervous:

Jul 12, 2002
1. Dino Zoff
2. Lev Yashin
3. Johan Cruijff
4. Marco Van Basten
5. Michel Platini
6. Pele
7. Maradona
8. Franz Beckenbauer
9. Eric Cantona
10. Dennis Bergkamp

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I get shocked when I read a greatest ever player list and do not see the name Maradona, that for me makes it meaningless, you simply cannot be taken seriously if you do not put him there, its a must

1 Maradona
2 Zidane
3 Pele
4 Platini
5 Cruyff
6 Best and Beckenbauer
7 Baresi and Van Basten
8 Eusebio and Didi
9 Zico and Ronaldo
10 Garrincha and Romario
11 Mattheus

My apologies to fans of Di Stephano but i didnt see much of him on tape or otherwise to put his name down there, same for Puskas , Gento and so many players in that Real Madrid team

To be honest when i think of some players its impossible to have a top 10

The ones i have mentioned just came to my head at the time

Geof

May 14, 2004
Buffon
Zambrotta
Cannavaro
Thuram
Zebina
Camoranesi
Blasi
Emerson
Nedved
Trezeguet
Del Piero

hmmm... that's eleven I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)