What are your top 10 best footballers? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1) Maradona
2) Pele
3) Johan Cryuff
4) Michel Platini
5) Franz Beckenbauer
6) Gerd Muller
7) George Best
8) Franco Baresi
9) Paolo Maldini
10) Alfredo Di Stefano

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Diego Armando Maradona
Pele
Garrincha
Franz Beckenbauer
Johan Cruyff
Michel Platini
Roberto Baggio
Marco Van Basten
Lev Yashin
George Best

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
1 cruijff
2 maradona
3 pele
4 romario
5 de stefano
6 van basten
7 platini
8 gerd muller
9 zizou
10ruud gullit

++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++
what about ur top five international teams of all time, lads?
1 brazil
2 germany
3 italy
4 argentina
5 france

Holland always has a good team, unfortunately they only won one european championship: 1988

Jester

Sep 8, 2004
BayernFussball: Henry never played a big part when France won their titles (he usually plays like crap in important matches) whereas Ronaldo was topscorer when Brazil won the WC in 02. None of them will never have a chance of entering a top 10 list of mine but if I have to rank them, Ronaldo is way better than Henry.

Here's my top 10:
1: Platini
2: Maradona
3: Pele
4: Van Basten
5: Cruyff
6: Matthaus
7: Nordahl
8: Beckenbauer
9: Puskas
10: Baresi

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    Lothar Matthaus, and Puskas, I love those calls. Also, how can you have Matthaus over Muller? Muller holds the Bundesliga record of 40 goals in 30 matches set in 1972, and 365 goals in 427 matches between 1967 and 1976, which to this day has not been matched anywhere in the world. But Matthaus is the most capped german player EVER, so I can see where you put him over Muller. But still, it is a call i would not have made.

As of 2003, my info is a tad outdated, Henry had 39 caps and 17 goals for his country(.44 G/gm), where as Ronaldo had 64 caps, and 45 goals(.70 G/gm) so you are correct in the international department, but for their clubs, Henry obviously scores more.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++

As of 2003, my info is a tad outdated, Henry had 39 caps and 17 goals for his country(.44 G/gm), where as Ronaldo had 64 caps, and 45 goals(.70 G/gm) so you are correct in the international department, but for their clubs, Henry obviously scores more.
    thats not the point, even if henry had more goals, he is nowhere near as important as ronaldo was in 96-2002 for brazil. henry may have won world champs and euros, but we all know it was zidane's france. when henry was supposed to lead them, 02 and 04, he fail. miserably. why ronaldo, the fat bastard whom i hate, led brazil to world cup after almost 3 years of absence from football.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    dnt 4get tht henry plays in an easy domestic league,, poor defenders and not much more then 3 teams ;)

while ronaldo plays in the LA LIGA

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    Andy, Desmond and others, I couldn't help checking your birth dates! It's not a personal attack but how ridiculous is it from guys in their teenagehood or just slightly older to list players such as Yashin, Best, Di Stefano, Beckenbauer, Puskas, etc. For the umpteenth time, they sure went down in History as footballing legends, but what exactly os the point of such an unpersonal output? There is the official ressources, available to all if we so desire, and then there should be YOUR point of view, which is what is interesting to read!

01) Maradonna
    02) Platini
    03) Roby Baggio
    04) Stoitchkov
    05) Van Basten
    06) Ronaldo
    07) Zidane
    08) Del Piero
    09) Batistuta
    10) Romario

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)