IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
One of my teammates from my pub team is married to a Bolivian woman. They live in Antwerp, but they go to Bolivia quite regularly. I think they mostly go through Amsterdam. Something to look into maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that involve actually going to Birmingham?

The dude is Bolivian so he won't be averse to risk, but he's not suicidal.
The only direct flights from Europe to Bolivia depart from Madrid and Barcelona (which are stupidly expensive in December, +£1.6k). Then there are several flights from different parts of Europe (including Amsterdam) to Sao Paulo, Bogotá or other major South American cities.

I just bought my flight and the outbound leg will be London > Zurich > Sao Paulo > my city in Bolivia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The only direct flights from Europe to Bolivia depart from Madrid and Barcelona (which are stupidly expensive in December, +£1.6k). Then there are several flights from different parts of Europe (including Amsterdam) to Sao Paulo, Bogotá or other major South American cities.

I just bought my flight and the outbound leg will be London > Zurich > Sao Paulo > my city in Bolivia.

This sounds like a nightmare to be honest.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What does business class have over the normal one (economy? Idk I've been on an airplane like 4 times).
Depends which airline, but for international flights id imagine priority check in(very useful in busy airports), access to lounge, and on the plane bigger more comfy seats and all you can eat/drink. But most importantly no peasants or babies.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
What does business class have over the normal one (economy? Idk I've been on an airplane like 4 times).
Much better seats that actually fully recline, better screens, better food and drinks.

I flew business once and it was a fantastic experience. I got proper steak instead of shitty pasta (they also give you real cutlery, none of that plastic shite).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Depends which airline, but for international flights id imagine priority check in(very useful in busy airports), access to lounge, and on the plane bigger more comfy seats and all you can eat/drink. But most importantly no peasants or babies.
Much better seats that actually fully recline, better screens, better food and drinks.

I flew business once and it was a fantastic experience. I got proper steak instead of shitty pasta (they also give you real cutlery, none of that plastic shite).
100% worth it then. What else are you making money for if not the ability to pay for things like this? :p

In this economy you breathe and it costs you $200 anyway.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
This sounds like a nightmare to be honest.
It is, it really is but I'd do anything to avoid a large chunk of winter in the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

100% worth it then. What else are you making money for if not the ability to pay for things like this? :p

In this economy you breathe and it costs you $200 anyway.
Except that business class will usually cost you at least 2x what economy would (every now and then you'll find cheap upgrades to business/first class but it's uncommon).

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Wouldn't it be easier to just not live in the UK?
Gotta make those Ps.

Plus Bolivia is about to get fucked alla Argentina/Venezuela. The local currency (Boliviano) in the black market is already falling in price, it's only a matter of time before a full blown devaluation and hyperinflation happen (the current government is selling the gold reserves to get more foreign currency until the upcoming elections in 2025, to maintain an image of stability).

I'll just accumulate foreign currency, and potentially get a mortgage in Bolivia before the shit hits the fan (mortgages are in Bolivianos). Once the Boliviano gets fucked, I'll be able to pay off the house for peanuts since I earn £.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Talking about babies, I always purchase extra legroom when booking and bring my noise canceling headphones with me. Once, on a 7 hour flight, I forgot them. Guess who sat next to me? A woman with a baby ready for a crying marathon. Nearly lost my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 436)