Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol2:

You need to come chop wood with me and @Hust, then we can determine who the city slickers are.

I watched the boulder. Never really been interested in watching lead or speed.

You should follow/check out Mellow climbing. Super dope outdoor bouldering vids.
Right LOL

We are the gold standard. See how they stack up against us :lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I used to watch a homeless woman argue with herself almost daily
I have a cast of characters out my balcony. My block being one of the most popular spots in the city.

There's a guy who's like a performance artist. Nice guy... except when he's drinking beer. Which is like 95% of the time. (Not quite @Lapa, but close.) And he makes all kind of musical sounds ... playing various instruments. One of them, when he's really wasted and can't find his usual flute or other, is a leaf. Yes, he will just resort to drunkenly playing a leaf.

I've nicknamed him Lief Garrett, which is a bit of a cheesy 70s reference but more about rehab ex-celebrity reality show today. It's a combination of his musical instrument of choice and that our street is a straight shot near Rua Garrett, Lisbon's most upmarket shopping street named after the writer Almeida Garrett. He's a bit Indonesian looking, speaks Portuguese, and wears surprisingly nice clothes.

Then there's the black dude with dreadlocks and dark sunglasses who always wears some stylish captain's hat and a lot of gold clothing. I just call him Cap'n Crunch. He's pretty innocuous.

Then there's the homeless Denzel Washington lookalike. I call him Musical Director Denzel, because he's always in the street waving his arms like he's conducting symphonies.

And then there's the guy who wears five layers of coats and jackets even when it is 40°C out. He just mutters prose to himself, repeating the same line about 20 times in a row each. I call him Roberto Geada, Portuguese for Robert Frost. He's got so much caked on him, you can't tell what race or skin color he is.

These are the people in my neighborhood... in my neighborhood... in my neighborhood...

What intrigues me is why did people want to settle in cold harsh climates in the olden days when they had no electricity, water, sewage etc.
To get away from living next to them darkies? :rndh:

We get speed and do nothing with it. At least back in the days without airplane you go on a long distance trip you read and think. Nowadays there is no time for that because you go on Tinder. Then you get anxiety and men without balls.
Ah the Paradox of Choice though. The demise of many a young person today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 575)