swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So I had a great but odd weekend in SF. I came back with only slighty less money, a lot less Acid a phone #:klin: and a lot more cocaine :boh:
It's snowing in San Francisco!!

From stoner to cokehead.
You must be proud. :touched:

Dude. You're really meta in this discussion and I talk out of a pragmatic pov. I do not disagree with you, but I still believe we have much more control over our feelings. It just becomes too spiritual and determinstic for my liking.
I dunno. To presume control over my feelings is to presume I can choose a person and decide to have feelings for them and make it happen through conscious effort... or like some form of lucid dreaming. Never worked for me. Logical reasons don't win your heart -- which is why politics is as fucked up as it is.

Maybe the two spheres aren't 100% bifurcated. But the evidence of people who grew attached to someone else against their intentions, thinking they put the safety brakes on in place to prevent that from happening, are far too numerous. You could say that they aren't very good at controlling their feelings and thus why they failed at their original aims or goals.

But what creates or kills emotional attachment to someone just doesn't fit a logical framework of reasoning and deliberation. I think people like to think they can master it, the way they think they can hack their diets and sleep cycles. But emotions are different.

They do have maids and hemorrhoid treatment though :baus:
Yes, but maids or hemorrhoid treatments that Claudio hasn't already used up already? ;)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm thinking if there's anything more disgusting than women who think they are tougher than men.

Seriously though, how sad and plastic it looks when they pretend to be emotionally dead while being proud of.

One of these days I'll punch one right in the nose, just to show them how their personality is also pussy. So it's two pussies you have. Pussy.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm thinking if there's anything more disgusting than women who think they are tougher than men.

Seriously though, how sad and plastic it looks when they pretend to be emotionally dead while being proud of.

One of these days I'll punch one right in the nose, just to show them how their personality is also pussy. So it's two pussies you have. Pussy.
Lol what happened

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's snowing in San Francisco!!

You must be proud. :touched:

I dunno. To presume control over my feelings is to presume I can choose a person and decide to have feelings for them and make it happen through conscious effort... or like some form of lucid dreaming. Never worked for me. Logical reasons don't win your heart -- which is why politics is as fucked up as it is.

Maybe the two spheres aren't 100% bifurcated. But the evidence of people who grew attached to someone else against their intentions, thinking they put the safety brakes on in place to prevent that from happening, are far too numerous. You could say that they aren't very good at controlling their feelings and thus why they failed at their original aims or goals.

But what creates or kills emotional attachment to someone just doesn't fit a logical framework of reasoning and deliberation. I think people like to think they can master it, the way they think they can hack their diets and sleep cycles. But emotions are different.

Yes, but maids or hemorrhoid treatments that Claudio hasn't already used up already? ;)
I don't think you're getting the point here tbh. I don't think you can choose who you are attracted or which people you find interesting. But you can choose whether it is something worth pursuing.

Let's say we're talking about a teacher and a student. The teacher might like the student, maybe even be a little bit infatuated, but unless they actually start seeing each other, it's easy to prevent 'love' or even attachment. You don't really love people you hardly know. In this case deliberate behaviour prevents love from ever happening.

In the case of getting over people it's no coincidence we all know deep down what is best: you have a final talk about everything and then you go no contact until you are healed enough to talk again. We just often fail to do this because it's hard.

But yes, it's perfectly possible to make smart choices that will ultimately make you happier in these matters. It's immature to believe you have no personal accountability for your own happiness here.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Not disgusting, but if it's forced and ingenuine, I agree it's pathetic :D Pretty much like men who fight tears cause that's feminine, or those who don't say or do certain things or in certain ways cause that's gay.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not disgusting, but if it's forced and ingenuine, I agree it's pathetic :D Pretty much like men who fight tears cause that's feminine, or those who don't say or do certain things or in certain ways cause that's gay.
Part of the reason why men don't cry easily is hormonal though. Research also shows men, in general, do not experience emotions as strongly or as acutely as women. Apparently testosterone tends to soften them.

I've seen it happen during stressful times at work too when a female coworker suddenly burst into tears. For me as a man that's almost a scary experience. I see crying as something you do when something really bad happens, not because of stress at work. It didn't impede her performance by the way, she was just fine. Also something I found weird. If I cry I'm shaken up for quite a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 629)