Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juventino[RUS];5031648 said:
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

If you have 2m offer from MLS and 2.5 million offer from Turkey the choice is very simple

For me it would be MLS, sure. But half a million is not nothing and you could do a lot worse than Turkey. Imagine you have to live in Minnesota. Is that so nice?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Juventino[RUS];5031630 said:
seriously, look at the manchester for example - bunch of the beautiful museums, famous libraries, art galleries, old trafford and then look at the turkey - beaches,mosques,ruins :sergio:
This is by far your best post in a long long time.

That is if you were only sarcastic, would been utterly brilliant burn on Manchester :D

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Sure, but even outside your personal taste you must admit that it is understandable some people would like Turkey. If you're offered a $#@!load of money to play football in a country with okay food and (depending on the place obviously) a nice climate, is that the worst situation to be in?
I guess. Surely these players have other offers? I imagine alot of MLS teams would take them.... and most would choose America over Turkey.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it particularly hilarious because players often cite how horrible it is to live in England.
Outside of the weather, if you have money the UK is a fantastic place to live.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];5031630 said:
seriously, look at the manchester for example - bunch of the beautiful museums, famous libraries, art galleries, old trafford and then look at the turkey - beaches,mosques,ruins :sergio:
Trolling hard? Been there twice and you are exaggerating.
In the end as others note it's a matter of taste. I enjoy old cities with old historical artifacts. I've only been to Alanya so I've never been to Istanbul but that's in my bucket list.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I find it particularly hilarious because players often cite how horrible it is to live in England.
Indeed, NO ONE mentions any of the big citities as livable/exciting outside of London basically. And this guy hypes up Manchester as some beckon of excitement/culture lol, when its prolly most shit on city (by UK comedians I seen) after Liverpool, Hull, Newcastle etc.

Mar 9, 2006
Indeed, NO ONE mentions any of the big citities as livable/exciting outside of London basically. And this guy hypes up Manchester as some beckon of excitement/culture lol, when its prolly most shit on city (by UK comedians I seen) after Liverpool, Hull, Newcastle etc.
i used that example only because of Nicholas, in england i was in London and some small cities when you drive from the bottom of the island toward London, England is perfect place to live in except right-traffic

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Indeed, NO ONE mentions any of the big citities as livable/exciting outside of London basically. And this guy hypes up Manchester as some beckon of excitement/culture lol, when its prolly most $#@! on city (by UK comedians I seen) after Liverpool, Hull, Newcastle etc.
Don't talk shit.

My opinions on Manchester are very varied, but it's a million times better than Liverpool, Hull or Newcastle. Infact, I'd rather live here than London.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Has he ever been outside of Russia?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I guess. Surely these players have other offers? I imagine alot of MLS teams would take them.... and most would choose America over Turkey.

On footballing terms Turkey is still more relevant then MLS, bit more competetive and less of dead end retirement place as MLS.

But main draw of turkish league, besides being better footballing nation then US and also reasonably rich (atleast in Istanbul) is the fact they compete in Europe, so these players get to play CL and EL and not be completely forgotten as you would be in MLS.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't talk shit.

My opinions on Manchester are very varied, but it's a million times better than Liverpool, Hull or Newcastle. Infact, I'd rather live here than London.

You might. But it's not as if Southern Europeans and South Americans talk well of Manchester.

- - - Updated - - -

On footballing terms Turkey is still more relevant then MLS, bit more competetive and less of dead end retirement place as MLS.

But main draw of turkish league, besides being better footballing nation then US and also reasonably rich (atleast in Istanbul) is the fact they compete in Europe, so these players get to play CL and EL and not be completely forgotten as you would be in MLS.

Although, sadly, it has become more of a retirement home these last few years. I'd like stronger Turkish teams in Europe though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They seem to have a weak generation of turkish players plus have had this schizo rule of amount of foreigners they allow to be starting at same time that kind of seemed to hamstrung them a little. Plus the obvious lack of real quality they can attract from overseas. Yeah kind of made it more of a retirement place more and more. But still would play there for the football more then US, even if the US is defenitely more interesting place to live if the choice was based on that. But as said, you are pretty much forgotten/become irrelevant if you play in MLS at a competetive period of your career. Like, I like him alot, but who is Giovinco in the football world right now? Nobody. While Turkey based players get to face the best in CL, and even kick out a big team or two, as fucking Sneijder did to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 808)