Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What's the occasion?
46 students got chopped into pieces, burned alive, etc this summer and there links to the police and cartels that committed the crime and the current administration. Last protest they tried to burn down the presidential palace in Mexico City. Tomorrow promises to be bigger. It's a nationwide strike and march so keep your clicker ready.

Apr 15, 2006
Thanks. Only sort of back though, kinda burnt out on everything right now so I've been taking a break from forums in general. Just wanted to see what was going on here. :p

:lol: I suppose so. Outside of FB I haven't really been active on the internet lately.
Burnout, huh? What's been draining you?

Apparently the new maid has been stealing food.
My previous maid used to steal too. Not food, but other stuff. Let her go a few months ago.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Burnout, huh? What's been draining you?
Lots of little things, but the main issue is that my husband's immigration application got denied, even though our lawyer said we did everything right. According to him, it means the application was either handled by someone inexperienced or it's just the government trying to make us give them more money. So we have to appeal it, and if it gets denied again then we have to go to court over it which could cost us thousands.

Meanwhile we've been here for 6 months and I'm the only one working on shit wages, so our savings are being flushed away. Kinda depressing not really being able to go out besides to work.

Then my husband's been sick for a while now (we think it's some sort of pollen/grass allergy or maybe something about the dry air here) and since he can't get insurance we had to pay out of our pockets for him to see a doctor when he couldn't take it anymore. Doctor prescribed him three different meds which hardly did anything so it was a waste of money.

So our options are either to move again to a different environment or he just has to live with feeling like he has a cold all the time. Which sucks, because while I care about his health more than anything, I've just begun to settle down here, make friends etc. As someone who has a bit of social anxiety when meeting new people, I'm not looking forward to having to do that all over again.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Girlfriend gained a few pounds, tonight she asked me if she is still hot. Thought Id troll her a bit so I told her that she went from being a 10 to a 6, but that Im used to hooking up with 3s, so she is still good.

Fireworks :lol:
One day you're going to wake up and find your testicles on eBay.

6 feet of snow in Buffalo and it's only November. Gonna be an interesting winter.

Sweet!!

Apparently the new maid has been stealing food.
The rat poison salteñas in the fridge did the trick?

Lots of little things, but the main issue is that my husband's immigration application got denied, even though our lawyer said we did everything right. According to him, it means the application was either handled by someone inexperienced or it's just the government trying to make us give them more money. So we have to appeal it, and if it gets denied again then we have to go to court over it which could cost us thousands.

Meanwhile we've been here for 6 months and I'm the only one working on shit wages, so our savings are being flushed away. Kinda depressing not really being able to go out besides to work.

Then my husband's been sick for a while now (we think it's some sort of pollen/grass allergy or maybe something about the dry air here) and since he can't get insurance we had to pay out of our pockets for him to see a doctor when he couldn't take it anymore. Doctor prescribed him three different meds which hardly did anything so it was a waste of money.

So our options are either to move again to a different environment or he just has to live with feeling like he has a cold all the time. Which sucks, because while I care about his health more than anything, I've just begun to settle down here, make friends etc. As someone who has a bit of social anxiety when meeting new people, I'm not looking forward to having to do that all over again.
Hey, Ragazza! Speak of the presumed dead.

Man, sorry to hear about your bureaucratic headaches and all. Not to mention the hayfever environment.

Apr 15, 2006

Oh jeez! I'm so sorry you're going through all this! :rab:

If it's any consolation, then some others here have had bad stuff happen to them lately, me included. So you're among brothers here. :)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Hey, Ragazza! Speak of the presumed dead.

Man, sorry to hear about your bureaucratic headaches and all. Not to mention the hayfever environment.
Hey, thanks man. Our lawyer is sure it will eventually end well for us, just the question is how long that will take and how much we have to spend to get them to give him his documents. Apparently it's really hard to actually get deported once you open a case unless you commit a crime or it can be proven that the marriage is a fraud, but it's still a worry.

And yeah, other than July and August when it was ridiculously hot I've fared pretty well here I guess, he's a different story. Though for both of us the gimmick of "living in Sin City" wore off after the first couple months. It's so expensive to have a night out because most bars and clubs here cater to tourists who they know will pay anything. And the wealthy women here are even more obnoxious than Palo Alto women (I still work for SLT).

Found a coffeehouse that I think you'd enjoy though - Sambalatte. Not only does it taste great, but they have several different ways of serving coffee. Obviously the traditional methods (drip, French press, pulled espresso shots...), but also other methods you don't see everywhere like pour over and air pressure brewing. For not really being a city with a big coffee culture, I'm glad to have found two pretty awesome places so far.

Oh jeez! I'm so sorry you're going through all this! :rab:

If it's any consolation, then some others here have had bad stuff happen to them lately, me included. So you're among brothers here. :)
Ugh, hope things get or have gotten better for you and everyone else here. At least my situation could be worse, I guess.

Ragazza where abouts do you live? What you're going through sucks :/

Pick-me-up sex?
Ciao amore :heart: Hope you've been doing well, though you've clearly been slacking in my absence as the San Paolo isn't burnt down yet.

And well, you know, what happens in Vegas... :klin:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hey, thanks man. Our lawyer is sure it will eventually end well for us, just the question is how long that will take and how much we have to spend to get them to give him his documents. Apparently it's really hard to actually get deported once you open a case unless you commit a crime or it can be proven that the marriage is a fraud, but it's still a worry.

And yeah, other than July and August when it was ridiculously hot I've fared pretty well here I guess, he's a different story. Though for both of us the gimmick of "living in Sin City" wore off after the first couple months. It's so expensive to have a night out because most bars and clubs here cater to tourists who they know will pay anything. And the wealthy women here are even more obnoxious than Palo Alto women (I still work for SLT).

Found a coffeehouse that I think you'd enjoy though - Sambalatte. Not only does it taste great, but they have several different ways of serving coffee. Obviously the traditional methods (drip, French press, pulled espresso shots...), but also other methods you don't see everywhere like pour over and air pressure brewing. For not really being a city with a big coffee culture, I'm glad to have found two pretty awesome places so far.
At least I guess you have the familiarity of the SLT gig. Otherwise that whole situation sounds like some kind of story about the missed bribe or graft if it were in most other countries. :(

I was wondering about LV. Been reading the news about how how Hseih's grand civic plans have been falling apart at the seams. (Always thought that guy was a closet douche, btw.)

And thanks for the coffee place tip! :tup:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Jimmy Kimmel's "Do You Have What It Takes?" is probably one of the meanest trolls I've ever seen. Reminds me of something Alen would think of.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
At least I guess you have the familiarity of the SLT gig. Otherwise that whole situation sounds like some kind of story about the missed bribe or graft if it were in most other countries. :(

I was wondering about LV. Been reading the news about how how Hseih's grand civic plans have been falling apart at the seams. (Always thought that guy was a closet douche, btw.)

I'm not that familiar with the situation, all I keep hearing is that he was supposedly trying to create a "new downtown" as an alternative to the Strip and ended up pouring a lot of the city's money into basically nothing.

And yeah, though I still find myself missing some of the cafes I used to go to in the Bay Area. But I'm coming back for a few days at the end of March (we're going to WrestleMania). So there will be some time for me to frequent a couple of my old haunts. :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm not that familiar with the situation, all I keep hearing is that he was supposedly trying to create a "new downtown" as an alternative to the Strip and ended up pouring a lot of the city's money into basically nothing.

And yeah, though I still find myself missing some of the cafes I used to go to in the Bay Area. But I'm coming back for a few days at the end of March (we're going to WrestleMania). So there will be some time for me to frequent a couple of my old haunts. :D
You're a wrestling fan too? Can you please hold up a sign saying "I HEART BIANCONERO_AUS (srs)"

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

wait, what? why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 298)