Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So...yesterday I found out I have a "photo enforced ticket" for running a red light from 2008 that is now in collections. Apparently, I rented a red Dodge Dakota with Maryland tags and ran a red light in DC. Problem is, I NEVER rented a car like that and the person happened to have the same name as me. Enterprise has opened up an investigation looking into it. I demanded them show proof of a contract with my signature and copy of my own drivers license.
@swag...this area absolutely sucks new age hippie scrotum sweat.

- - - Updated - - -

DC DMV...can't do anything.
MD DMV...can't do anything.
VA DMV...can't do anything.
Collections...can't do anything.
Enterprise...trying.

:sergio:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So...yesterday I found out I have a "photo enforced ticket" for running a red light from 2008 that is now in collections. Apparently, I rented a red Dodge Dakota with Maryland tags and ran a red light in DC. Problem is, I NEVER rented a car like that and the person happened to have the same name as me. Enterprise has opened up an investigation looking into it. I demanded them show proof of a contract with my signature and copy of my own drivers license.
@swag...this area absolutely sucks new age hippie scrotum sweat.

- - - Updated - - -

DC DMV...can't do anything.
MD DMV...can't do anything.
VA DMV...can't do anything.
Collections...can't do anything.
Enterprise...trying.

:sergio:
My favorite Cali DMV story was when I first arrived here and tried to get a state driver's license. The woman in front of me was holding up the line because she had to argue with the DMV employee that it was impossible that she had her license suspended on the date in their electronic record ... because she would have been 7-years-old at the time. :pado:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
How much did the trip cost you Suns?
Bro I don't even want to know :D But we did the whole Airbnb thing so we got off pretty cheap when it comes to housing but the tickets were pretty expensive since we booked them like 2 weeks before we left.

6300kr for the tickets and 2500kr for the apartment, we were 4 dudes so the apartment became cheaper. 10 days.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Tickets sounds as usual (only norwegian airline that offers cheap NY trips on certain campaigns/dates), but the apartment cost seems alright, depending on how long you stayed. I have a 10 000 kr travel check I got at work last year, its valid until only next summer, so I'm thinking on spending it on NY trip, have to convince the cheaper/more boring ones amongst my friends of travel costs etc.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Tickets sounds as usual (only norwegian airline that offers cheap NY trips on certain campaigns/dates), but the apartment cost seems alright, depending on how long you stayed. I have a 10 000 kr travel check I got at work last year, its valid until only next summer, so I'm thinking on spending it on NY trip, have to convince the cheaper/more boring ones amongst my friends of travel costs etc.
You should go. Its amazing. Although I'm a big fan of spending my vacations in the US so I never get tired of travelling to the big cities over there.

Also shopping is cheap as hell, the dollar is at what, 7kr, which for us Swedes is great.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The shopping bit is what I heard from everyone, how much cheaper it is compared to us/or most of North/west europe. Mainly electronics stuff.

Thing is though, next time I can get vacation time is in coming months late autum/early winter, not sure how fun it will be to go to NY when its cold. Allways been more intrigued by the climate/vibe of place like L.A or California in general, atleast for winter trip.

- - - Updated - - -
@Völler, your random rep, no, I'm not gonna take you to NY, not even sure I will take myself. But we can have a beer next time I'm in Köpenhamn in coming month/s or so. I assume we will get a danish team to choke against again in CL :pp

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
@Völler, your random rep, no, I'm not gonna take you to NY, not even sure I will take myself. But we can have a beer next time I'm in Köpenhamn in coming month/s or so. I assume we will get a danish team to choke against again in CL :pp
There's no Danish team in the CL. :sad: Malmö is though, so let's hope they get Juve. Also, you should definitely take me to NY. Can't see why you shouldn't, it's win/win. :agree: I'll pay for the beers since you pay for the trip. :weee:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No danish team in CL? CL knockout stage here we come! :weee:

Yeah I forgot Malmö is almost danish (please take them back), hope we get them indeed.

And we have a deal, if we''ll take the drunk finn with us and you cover his tab too.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ok, in general I agree. NY is weird tho. Most things are like twice as expensive there. Although I mean downtown Manhattan. The other areas are fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 785)