Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
not so much morality, but consequences, how many people get away with all that? And David Chase is a genius
Should that matter in FICTION? How many people have superpowers and (don't know the plot of the show)? How many people survive a plane crash and land on a desert island and then some of them go back to the mainland but one of the tells them they have to return? (didnt watch past that series)....How many people are psychopathic propagandists that try to convince the American public that torture is a great idea?

Thats the problem with it needing 'consequences' or 'morality'....
david chase could have written whatever he wanted in that episode, but it was a cop out if that is the standard he went by. If you move beyond that level and view it as the interpretation i've taken then i'm happy.

Also I wasn't complaining about Chase, just the fanboys.

And I find it very disturbing when the shiny box tries its hand at morality...its too easy to be too cynical, especially in a country with so few regulations, aside from swearing, as America.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
this evening was a coompleeeete failure. nothing worse than when you settle with the lowest and go for it and even that shuts you down. fuck!
Damn, even fat chicks be turning you down?

i know you don't mean anything by it, but i won't bother tonight Matt. Goodnight :D
:dielaugh: That's what you get for being a homo.

I don't buy that. You watch a show like Breaking Bad, and it's all about morality's slippery slope.
Breaking Bad is awesome. Best show in TV imo.

Bars are awesome but fuck me do they rip you off.

On some unrelated news, burn in hell Sandusky. Dirty fuck, I hope some black dude rapes him and then shanks his old perverted ass.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I don't buy that. You watch a show like Breaking Bad, and it's all about morality's slippery slope.
I disagree Greg. I don't find the morality obvious, deliberate or outstanding in either program. I think both are heavily set in realism and assume a level of intelligence on its audience that is rarely seen in cinema.

Its the fans that worry me and how they interpret the shows.

----

The real question in this though is - Do TV shows that discuss organized crime need moral teachings? (A behavior that began with morality plays in the the 14th-15th century to enforce compliance with localized religious organizations). Can we trust TV production houses with moral teachings?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Just wanted to share some good news with you guys.

I went out with some friends for my birthday tonight, and got the greatest cake of all time (count the stars!):

Afterwards I proposed to my girlfriend, and we're now engaged :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 771)