Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah. At the beginning of the week before last I find out the internship I was planning to do and had completely researched had fallen through do to funding issues. So then I get a call from the USDA to do an interview this Thursday. So I do some searching and prepare my application and on Tuesday night I email my professor to see what to do about the prior research and how to apply for the new internship. She tells me I have to completely re-do the Intro, methods, etc of my proposal (which took me most of the semester to complete) by Friday. It would have been impossible to get something of substance ready by the deadline. So she said if I wasn't going to do an internship this summer then I could turn in the proposal of the old internship for a grade for the class. So I did that on Friday. Over the weekend I decided to go ahead and still interview because the internship pays $12-14 an hour. So today I was doing some Excel in the L-barry and was thinking this is stupid to do an internship and not have it count especially when it's not my fault one dropped me and another I applied in early Febuary didn't get back to me until the week before the deadline. So I emailed the Dep Head asking if it was possible to make an exception since this basically throws my graduation date off by six months. I am awaiting a reply and expecting a no.

Jan 7, 2004
Yeah. At the beginning of the week before last I find out the internship I was planning to do and had completely researched had fallen through do to funding issues. So then I get a call from the USDA to do an interview this Thursday. So I do some searching and prepare my application and on Tuesday night I email my professor to see what to do about the prior research and how to apply for the new internship. She tells me I have to completely re-do the Intro, methods, etc of my proposal (which took me most of the semester to complete) by Friday. It would have been impossible to get something of substance ready by the deadline. So she said if I wasn't going to do an internship this summer then I could turn in the proposal of the old internship for a grade for the class. So I did that on Friday. Over the weekend I decided to go ahead and still interview because the internship pays $12-14 an hour. So today I was doing some Excel in the L-barry and was thinking this is stupid to do an internship and not have it count especially when it's not my fault one dropped me and another I applied in early Febuary didn't get back to me until the week before the deadline. So I emailed the Dep Head asking if it was possible to make an exception since this basically throws my graduation date off by six months. I am awaiting a reply and expecting a no.
that sucks balls bro.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
that sucks balls bro.
It's really ridiculous. The Committee we submit to is a Astronomy Professor, an Ag Professor, and the Dep Head. Their offices are right next to each other in the main hall of the science building. It would be so easy to just walk it door to door and gain "approval". But instead it's all ceremonial and in the fall we have to defend our research findings likes it's a fucking dissertation.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36,931
    Obama's administration plans to double the spending for purchasing the F-35.

:eyebrows:
    That's cool, because we scrapped A LOT of military spending today.
    I'm waiting to hear back from the Department head to receive a decision on whether or not I can submit a late internship application.

Good luck with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 219)