Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Bürkε;1784240 said:
Ho lazy are you?

Are you sure you aren't American?

Complaining about hitting 2 buttons a couple times a day.....
I don't buy a phone so that I have to press two buttons every time I want to use it. I buy it so that I can use it right away. I won't accept two buttons to get into my car, nor two buttons to open a door in my house. It's idiotic.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10,604
    I don't buy a phone so that I have to press two buttons every time I want to use it. I buy it so that I can use it right away. I won't accept two buttons to get into my car, nor two buttons to open a door in my house. It's idiotic.
    You're crazy.

Yet you turn a key and rotate a knob, and press one button/turn a key and pull a handle.

It's the same flippin' thing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Bürkε;1784254 said:
    You're crazy.

Yet you turn a key and rotate a knob, and press one button/turn a key and pull a handle.

It's the same flippin' thing.
    That is a mechanical necessity, just like you have to pick up a phone to use it. It's not an artificial "solution" to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

We don't start cars these days by winding them first, why don't we? Because it's dumb.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10,611
    That is a mechanical necessity, just like you have to pick up a phone to use it. It's not an artificial "solution" to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

We don't start cars these days by winding them first, why don't we? Because it's dumb.
    Yea, but there still is that step to starting a car, it has just gotten easier. The steps are all still there in using the phone it just is easier to work, but you have to push an extra button.

Not a big deal, in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 271)