Geof

May 14, 2004
Alright, so all my MS Office programs crash at opening for some reason. I should have the CD somewhere (Office XP) but I'm thinking Open Office might be the better solution. Anyone got experience with that? Anything specific I shoudl be aware of?

I would primarily need Word and PowerPoint. They're all perfectly compatible with MS Office, right?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Alright, so all my MS Office programs crash at opening for some reason. I should have the CD somewhere (Office XP) but I'm thinking Open Office might be the better solution. Anyone got experience with that? Anything specific I shoudl be aware of?

I would primarily need Word and PowerPoint. They're all perfectly compatible with MS Office, right?
perfectly compatible yes... its got almost all the features as well... but a poor replacement i'd say... it hangs up most of the time... once you save it in doc format and open using MS Word the formatting gets screwed up big time... IBM Lotus Symphony is a fine replacement in terms of functionality... but it crashes frequently...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I use it. It works great as long as you save in compatibility mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 122)