AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'm just being silly.

I had no power yesterday, so I'd been running around like a madman today, thankfully it's over now.
From the storms? The way images and videos look out of there, as long as you still have a house you're in good shape.
OK, key question and don't screw this up: corn or flour?
I'd prefer corn but I'll take what I can get.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Me and my friends are going to Scotland in mid September for 10 day road trip.
We have rough plan (in the picture, with start/finish in Edinburgh), but is anyone from or been there to help with some tips what are some "hidden gems" to visit on the road.
škotska2.png
You'll like Edinburgh, Cairngorms and Skye, although the Royal Mile is a bit of a tourist trap and full of naff tartan and gift shops ran by Chinese. Loch Ness meh, but it's nice to tick off the list. Forth Road Bridge is impressive. I don't know much about the east coast of Scotland.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Me and my friends are going to Scotland in mid September for 10 day road trip.
We have rough plan (in the picture, with start/finish in Edinburgh), but is anyone from or been there to help with some tips what are some "hidden gems" to visit on the road.
škotska2.png
It really depends what you are looking for on your trip. I recommend the west coast and its islands e.g. Islay, Jura, Mull etc. The scenery is great with some incredible beaches, just not the weather. Islay is famous for its whisky if that's something you are into. West coast is famous for seafood, particularly shellfish. Loch Lomond is worth visiting. The Trossachs region is scenic. If you like hill walks etc it is a good place. I'd probably spend most of my trip on that side of the country. Lots of lochs too if you like tha e.g Katrine Lochgoilhead.

I don't know the north / east coast as well but if you were to go further north the 'North Coast 500' is a well known tourist route that is meant to be really good, you could join part of it.

Unless you really want to see Aberdeen I'd suggest skipping that section and coming down past Aviemore to Perth then along to St. Andrews. Aviemore, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy and Dunkeld are nice scenic places. Perthshire in general is really nice. I'd definitely recommend the Aviemore and the Cairngorm area, especially as your route is so close to it.

St. Andrews is great, lots of good bars and restaurants. I know a few people who regularly visit the villages further round that coast (Elie, Crail, Anstruther).It might be worth going round that coast after St. Andrews on your way to Edinburgh.

Stirlingshire which is between Edinburgh and Glasgow is nice. Stirling Castle/Wallace Monument are worth visiting if you are interested in history. The Devil's Pulpit is famous and was in the show Outlander. Gleneagles is a bit further north and has a famous hotel. If you like golf Gleneagles and St. Andrews are worth seeing.

Glasgow - I'd head to the west end. There are great bars, cafes and restaurants. Good nightlife in Glasgow generally depending on what you like.

@Scottish I'm sure will be able to help.

Aug 27, 2023
Make sure you try some heroin in Glasgow
Fraud is gone now, so i don't need drugs to be happy:wittl:

- - - Updated - - -

It really depends what you are looking for on your trip. I recommend the west coast and its islands e.g. Islay, Jura, Mull etc. The scenery is great with some incredible beaches, just not the weather. Islay is famous for its whisky if that's something you are into. West coast is famous for seafood, particularly shellfish. Loch Lomond is worth visiting. The Trossachs region is scenic. If you like hill walks etc it is a good place. I'd probably spend most of my trip on that side of the country. Lots of lochs too if you like tha e.g Katrine Lochgoilhead.

I don't know the north / east coast as well but if you were to go further north the 'North Coast 500' is a well known tourist route that is meant to be really good, you could join part of it.

Unless you really want to see Aberdeen I'd suggest skipping that section and coming down past Aviemore to Perth then along to St. Andrews. Aviemore, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy and Dunkeld are nice scenic places. Perthshire in general is really nice. I'd definitely recommend the Aviemore and the Cairngorm area, especially as your route is so close to it.

St. Andrews is great, lots of good bars and restaurants. I know a few people who regularly visit the villages further round that coast (Elie, Crail, Anstruther).It might be worth going round that coast after St. Andrews on your way to Edinburgh.

Stirlingshire which is between Edinburgh and Glasgow is nice. Stirling Castle/Wallace Monument are worth visiting if you are interested in history. The Devil's Pulpit is famous and was in the show Outlander. Gleneagles is a bit further north and has a famous hotel. If you like golf Gleneagles and St. Andrews are worth seeing.

Glasgow - I'd head to the west end. There are great bars, cafes and restaurants. Good nightlife in Glasgow generally depending on what you like.

@Scottish I'm sure will be able to help.
Wow, thanks man.

We probably won't have time for the islands (except Skye), that's for other time.

Hiking part will be at minimal i think, because in Slovenia mountains and hills is all we see (in our region)

The route from Inverness to Aberdeen is meant just to visit a few distilleries (Glenlivet, Aberlour, Macallan) and see few castles, but it will probably take the same amount of time if we go to those places and then back on your route and not from Aberdeen to St.Andrews.

Glasgow or Edinburgh...which one is better for sightseeing and bar life?

We'll have few more meetings, but with more information like this it'll be probably easier to determine what we really want to see.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I’m at Arenal volcano in Costa Rica right now, it’s pretty dope here, highly recommend.
That's a lot of ground. It's a massive par (and lake) from what I can recall.

This time of year, and with El Niño, are you like swatting bugs in the humidity or what?

Just driving a rental around the park area? Seems really dense.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That's a lot of ground. It's a massive par (and lake) from what I can recall.

This time of year, and with El Niño, are you like swatting bugs in the humidity or what?

Just driving a rental around the park area? Seems really dense.
it’s very muggy and there’s been rain. We’ve been mostly hiking some parts, checking the hot springs and doing coffee/chocolate tours.

still gorgeous, the rain adds to the rainforest vibes for sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)