AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Not as nice as you think, man needs movement
But to move without that stress must be as close as one can get to heaven. Maybe I'm just very fortunate in that almost all of my problems in life could be solved with money, or so I think.
....I'd want to cuddle afterwards :snoop:
Bottle service

I know people in NYC who drop 10-20k a month on that
This shit will always be ridiculous to me. People I know making like $60k-70k/year rolling up in new cars with designer name brand clothing to blow $1,500+ minimum in a night in the strip club on women and bottle service, "for the flex." I just stay home, I don't get it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This shit will always be ridiculous to me. People I know making like $60k-70k/year rolling up in new cars with designer name brand clothing to blow $1,500+ minimum in a night in the strip club on women and bottle service, "for the flex." I just stay home, I don't get it.
how does someone afford to live in new york on only that? Even if you are budgeting responsibly and not partying

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
how does someone afford to live in new york on only that? Even if you are budgeting responsibly and not partying
Live with parents, get financial help from them, have a girlfriend/wife to split bills, buy a small apartment/co-op when interest rates were non-existent, don't contribute to a retirement account and spend it instead, etc.

I probably could've done it a few years ago tbh and bought something small.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Live with parents, get financial help from them, have a girlfriend/wife to split bills, buy a small apartment/co-op when interest rates were non-existent, don't contribute to a retirement account and spend it instead, etc.

I probably could've done it a few years ago tbh and bought something small.
My theory is that women joining the workforce ruined it for single men. Used to be the case that you could buy a house and live comfortably on one income but now everything is designed around couples. The price will stretch as far as buyers are willing to pay, and on dual incomes, that amount is much higher now.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My theory is that women joining the workforce ruined it for single men. Used to be the case that you could buy a house and live comfortably on one income but now everything is designed around couples. The price will stretch as far as buyers are willing to pay, and on dual incomes, that amount is much higher now.
100% this is a contributing consequence of that. We all gotta live though.

Jun 16, 2020
If we could go back in time and explain how the situation would evolve, no woman would agree on working.

I find it very disturbing that it’s seen as normal to bring your kids to school a hour before school starts, and pick them up when school is already finished for several hours due to both parents working. We have it on Tuesday and Wednesday and I’m disgusted by it, I absolutely hate it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I’m pretty close to you on this. I won’t go so far as to say it’s an auction as much as it is a hedonic treadmill.

Houses partly could be purchased with single incomes, because that’s what most everyone was doing. When the DINKs arrived, they put every single income earner in competition with them. The bar was raised.

This is also the same reason why I believe people who short-term rental their homes on Airbnb create a hedonic treadmill where would-be neighbors also can only afford buying nearby homes now if they also rent it on Airbnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 874)