swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gf gives me chit for buying my groceries online instead of wasting time going to the shop.
Free delivery in the US, whether groceries or Amazon, is literally tearing sh*t up all over - from delivery people pissing in bottles to double parked vehicles to extra traffic to excess packaging. Curious as to her rationale though.

Living in Europe, I see how much free shipping is a completely false economy of hidden things.

Personally, as someone who has been weaned off of my Amazon fix for four years in Portugal, I also recognize the implicit agreement that you will never know the people you do business with. Dehumanizing is the point.

People on Discord.

I’m on discord and I like mice
I only do Discord for the noodz

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The issue is that people believe the fallacy that they're not being lazy by going to the shop (thus making you lazy if you don't go to the shop), when it doesn't really add anything of value. You could be doing other things while an Amazon slave does your groceries.
Au contraire. You just refuse to see the value.

Amazon thrives because people are willing to look the other way. Away from employees pissing in jars to meet quotas. Away from truck drivers monitored 24x7 by cameras and software. Away from piles of excess packaging and the social and pollution impacts of last-mile delivery services. Away from all your tax revenues being shipped out of state to a corporate profit center so the chairman can fly to the moon. Away from local employment other than algorithmic automatons. Away from being part of a community and knowing the people whom you give your money to and whom you do business with.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Au contraire. You just refuse to see the value.

Amazon thrives because people are willing to look the other way. Away from employees pissing in jars to meet quotas. Away from truck drivers monitored 24x7 by cameras and software. Away from piles of excess packaging and the social and pollution impacts of last-mile delivery services. Away from all your tax revenues being shipped out of state to a corporate profit center so the chairman can fly to the moon. Away from local employment other than algorithmic automatons. Away from being part of a community and knowing the people whom you give your money to and whom you do business with.
Yes, you have a very valid point, which is why I've looked at other delivery options but they don't seem that ethical from that standpoint either.

I don't even have a driver's licence in this country and the nearest supermarket is a 30 minute walk. I ain't doing that bitch twice a week with heavy grocery bags. So I'll stick with Amazon (no way I'm paying Sainsburys £4.5 for each delivery).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yes, you have a very valid point, which is why I've looked at other delivery options but they don't seem that ethical from that standpoint either.

I don't even have a driver's licence in this country and the nearest supermarket is a 30 minute walk. I ain't doing that bitch twice a week with heavy grocery bags. So I'll stick with Amazon (no way I'm paying Sainsburys £4.5 for each delivery).
You definitely have your reasons.

Don't get me wrong. Here in Portugal the nearest Amazon is amazon.es, across the Spanish border, which sometimes means customs and all the things that neuter their frictionless buying model. So I deal with a lot of locals, and I sometimes hate the occasional time suck when I just want a transaction, but I'm also very appreciative of when my business relationships aren't just transactions. Especially in situations like lockdowns when the only conversation I might have with another human besides my wife is the guy selling me a coffee across the street.

But when I'm in the US on a visit like I was Nov-Dec last year? Hellz yeah I was milking those convenience teats like a cow pumped up with more hormones than Sylvester Stallone. But I wasn't proud of it. :D

Jun 16, 2020
So my accountant just asked me the most feminine question ever. Cautiously he asked: mate by any chance do you know how to drill a hole in a wall? I was like yo don’t tell me you never touched any tools in your life. Then he went “yea I know the theory behind it”, what theory you freaking bookworm. It’s literally pressing a tool against a wall. Ffs :rofl:

I hope it sounds as funny as it was in real life. Will help him out Wednesday lol

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So my accountant just asked me the most feminine question ever. Cautiously he asked: mate by any chance do you know how to drill a hole in a wall? I was like yo don’t tell me you never touched any tools in your life. Then he went “yea I know the theory behind it”, what theory you freaking bookworm. It’s literally pressing a tool against a wall. Ffs :rofl:

I hope it sounds as funny as it was in real life. Will help him out Wednesday lol
"Cautiously he asked: mate by any chance do you know how to drill a hole in a wall?"

And you answered, "Do you mean with my rock hard p3n15?"

Dallas Roma F.C.

2.5 miles from my house in Plano, TX

- - - Updated - - -
Lots of hair-sprayed blondes, fake boobs, and peeps who believe Jews have horns on their head. Paradise. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 312)