JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
People losing their shit because there is a big storm heading our way. Well big for the UK at least, 100mph+ winds in some areas. Looks like Bristol Channel area and London/SE is going to take the worst of it, so of course it is major news because it affects London...

Buy on AliExpress.com

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
People losing their shit because there is a big storm heading our way. Well big for the UK at least, 100mph+ winds in some areas. Looks like Bristol Channel area and London/SE is going to take the worst of it, so of course it is major news because it affects London...
I'm supposedly in a red zone but it's just a bit windy. I think the worst part will hit in a couple of hours.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've flown from London to Lisbon in one of those before the pandemic. Right after I caught norovirus in London.

Let's just say I used every barf bag on the plane that trip.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Yup, and I've got to drive all day on the motorway from Scotland to London, right through the peak of the storm. Perfect :lol3:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'd imagined you guys and the Dutch would get it if it was going over London. Much so far? Tbh it is very windy and rainy, like normal British weather on steroids.
It does seem to be fairly serious locally.
And it looks like it's about to really begin where I'm located at. Well, either that or I'm drunk at work, because I could swear the building just started moving.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dang, that's a 974 mb low, basically a cat 1 hurricane slamming into the UK.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I think I'm on the verge of breaking up with my girlfriend.

I can't shake off this feeling of relief when I have time on my own, and it's not something sporadic, I'm almost always wanting to do my own thing.

She's not a horrible person or anything like that but I just feel relieved when she walks out the door.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm still waiting to fap for my first Victoria's Secret amputee.

I still don't get this logic... everything is all sexual exploitation for the male gaze. But when it's a minority or a person with a disability who is the victim, we're supposed to celebrate their equal-opportunity sexploitation.

Sexual slavery is bad. But if the slave is trans, hey... that's social progress! :tup:

Dafuq....

I think I'm on the verge of breaking up with my girlfriend.

I can't shake off this feeling of relief when I have time on my own, and it's not something sporadic, I'm almost always wanting to do my own thing.

She's not a horrible person or anything like that but I just feel relieved when she walks out the door.
That doesn't sound like a situation that's going to get any better.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I am here for you, and it's free of course.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on many variables, including, but not limited to, what you are learning/focusing on, who is supplying the materials, the length of the sessions, the class size (whether it's a private session or a group class), the qualifications and years of experience of the teacher/tutor. However, $6 is the equivalent of B180, which is incredibly cheap, even by Thai standards.

I specialize in Test Prep (SAT, ACT, IETLS, TOEFL, etc...), and I usually charge more (although I try to be fair), but I also have 15 years of experience in the field, and I don't only teach English. I help IB students with their college applications, their TOK essays, and their Extended Essays. I also help undergraduate students with their papers (editing for clarity, coherence and lexical resource).
for each session I summarize an article from the Guardian site and at the beginning of class i explain it. my teacher lissons to me and correct mistakes. I should study an article and summarize what i comprehend. before starting the class, I send the summary in PDF format to my tutor and explain a brief of the article in English in the class.
it's worked to me so far. i've got more confidence and my pronunciation has progressed significantly.
I was always afraid of making mistake. just want to become fluent in english as soon as possible. Speaking English is a type of class, and many girls flirt with an english speaking person.

Jun 16, 2020
I applied for two jobs and initially had both conversations planned for tomorrow. Now the job that I actually prefer postponed the conversation to the first of march.

What should I say tomorrow, should I be honest and tell that I have another conversation waiting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 782)