Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Not sure if you were being facetious, but people who really believe they can "fix" the human condition are dangerous as fuck
I was being literal. All or nothing types are terrible for the conservation movement. There are plenty of safe sea food options available. Asking people to give up everything is more than likely turn possible partners completely away from your mission.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I feel like dangerous is a pretty strong word for people who are urging others to turn vegan. Like what’s the real danger here?

Dangerous are companies like Nestle who steal resources from communities or other corporations who pollute at free. Al Qaeda is another example of something that’s dangerous. Maybe an active volcano near an active city. But vegans? :rofl:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I feel like dangerous is a pretty strong word for people who are urging others to turn vegan. Like what’s the real danger here?

Dangerous are companies like Nestle who steal resources from communities or other corporations who pollute at free. Al Qaeda is another example of something that’s dangerous. Maybe an active volcano near an active city. But vegans? :rofl:
Dogmatic group think of that sort can always be dangerous. Especially from groups like PETA that try to change history to say hunter gatherers actually didn’t hunt, or stop all animal testing in the medical industry which is a way to stop medical research advancements pretty quickly. They also have a tendency to get quite aggressive and belligerent with how they protest.

But on the other hand, vegans :rofl:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Like PI said they become dangerous when they become too many, too confident and start trying to push idealism over reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That’s one psycho guy who happens to be vegan, it’s not the organization itself pushing for stuff like that the way actual dangerous organizations like Al Qaeda, certain corporations etc, do.
No it’s not 1 person.

Look up the ALF. They have done hundreds of millions of damage over the last 20-30 years.

11 people were arrested in 2006 for having done $40 mil or more worth of damage in arson and incendiary attacks over a 5 year period against meat processing plants, lumber companies etc.

Others have been jailed for violent assaults.

100+ refrigerated meat trucks were destroyed with incendiary attacks in the early 90s in the UK.

Etc

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No it’s not 1 person.

Look up the ALF. They have done hundreds of millions of damage over the last 20-30 years.

11 people were arrested in 2006 for having done $40 mil or more worth of damage in arson and incendiary attacks over a 5 year period against meat processing plants, lumber companies etc.

Others have been jailed for violent assaults.

100+ refrigerated meat trucks were destroyed with incendiary attacks in the early 90s in the UK.

Etc
My point is that saying vegans or WWF are dangerous is like saying Muslims are dangerous. Idk this organization you’re talking of and they’re clearly fucked up but grouping vegans into that is retarded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 407)