Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I haven't. But none of the things I mentioned are related to being in the country. I experience all that here. Although, honestly, I'd love to visit.

How come everybody has a shit experience with them?

Btw, Belgium is also amazing. You also have great comics. Plus beer.
You're right, of course. But it becomes harder to appreciate those things as soon as you actually know a couple of French people.

The French always seem to feel this disdain for other countries. I don't even know if it is something intentional, but they are not very welcoming in my experience.

What I like most about Belgium is that it forces you to learn other cultures simply because of how it is set up. The French and the Dutch are completely different people, but we take after the both of them. I also like that everything is taken with a bit of irony here. Eden Hazard is probably the best shot we'll ever have at someone inspiring nationalism. The biggest downside is that we often ridicule others for their dreams.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Had good movies, dunno about new ones. Had great literature dunno about new guys. But it still puts them above others in such artistic regard.
Depends on preference really, i do enjoy French lit but it could get verbose for some, Americans got them beat in movies, Germanics and Italians in music, and like i said the French have been pretty irrelevant for a while, so the surrender monkeys deserve more flak than praise of late.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You're right, of course. But it becomes harder to appreciate those things as soon as you actually know a couple of French people.

The French always seem to feel this disdain for other countries. I don't even know if it is something intentional, but they are not very welcoming in my experience.

What I like most about Belgium is that it forces you to learn other cultures simply because of how it is set up. The French and the Dutch are completely different people, but we take after the both of them. I also like that everything is taken with a bit of irony here. Eden Hazard is probably the best shot we'll ever have at someone inspiring nationalism. The biggest downside is that we often ridicule others for their dreams.

Do you see people in Belgium who speak shit about the country and always find some better country to look at? Do people appreciate the nationality over there? Do you see young people appreciate elders?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Depends on preference really, i do enjoy French lit but it could get verbose for some, Americans got them beat in movies, Germanics and Italians in music, and like i said the French have been pretty irrelevant for a while, so the surrender monkeys deserve more flak than praise of late.
Americans had the golden age in movies long time ago. They created shit later on especiallywhen you look how many failed projects they had. Out of 10k movies they make 10 good ones. French can't even compare with that. Agreed about the music.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do you see people in Belgium who speak shit about the country and always find some better country to look at? Do people appreciate the nationality over there? Do you see young people appreciate elders?
Tbh I think most people appreciate that they live here. Much more so than 10, 15 years ago. Belgium isn't perfect, but I think it's easily in the top 20 countries to live in.

And, I'm sure I've said this before, as a Belgian you have the benefit that you can go anywhere you want. You'll likely speak both English and French and you'll have enough money to move somewhere else too.
Americans had the golden age in movies long time ago. They created shit later on especiallywhen you look how many failed projects they had. Out of 10k movies they make 10 good ones. French can't even compare with that. Agreed about the music.
Nothing comes close to American cinema. Yeah, no doubt there are countless of failed American movies. But the sheer volume of movies made by Americans has ensured that they also have the most quality movies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
but there are also upsides to the french, like that their women are not shaving their cunts :tuttosport:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Tbh I think most people appreciate that they live here. Much more so than 10, 15 years ago. Belgium isn't perfect, but I think it's easily in the top 20 countries to live in.

And, I'm sure I've said this before, as a Belgian you have the benefit that you can go anywhere you want. You'll likely speak both English and French and you'll have enough money to move somewhere else too.Nothing comes close to American cinema. Yeah, no doubt there are countless of failed American movies. But the sheer volume of movies made by Americans has ensured that they also have the most quality movies.

We're getting butchered in my country. Majority left while those who stay here are the ones that hate the country the most.

Sheer volume is the key, though. Just look at the mainstream movies from the past 5 years. It's rather poor while all the focus was put into super hero movies. They make thousands of movies and less than 10 are good ones. In other countries you see them make 10 but 8 turn out well.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yall ever got mosquito bites under your feet? The worst.
Only when I had hand, foot and mouth disease as an adult.

:D So you wouldn't recommend anyone there to explore just once?

What else bit you?
Jeff Bezos. He’s a fucking parasite.

Fucking French. They have great movies. They have the best wine. They have great cheese. They have amazing comics. They have great literature.
Too bad for the French.

Sorry I agree with this guys name I can’t pronounce. French wine is quality.
I’m more of a Burgundy man myself (whites and reds).

Does anyone else get annoyed to receive calls (not from family or friends) via whatsapp rather than regular phone calls?
No, because it would be worse if I had to pay for their calls.

And, I'm sure I've said this before, as a Belgian you have the benefit that you can go anywhere you want. You'll likely speak both English and French and you'll have enough money to move somewhere else too.Nothing comes close to American cinema. Yeah, no doubt there are countless of failed American movies. But the sheer volume of movies made by Americans has ensured that they also have the most quality movies.

By that mark, Bollywood >>> America if you’re going on volume. Just sayin’...

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Something tells me you've never actually been to France. They are insufferable.

I've never been to France, but I've always had that perception of them. I see that I'm not wrong.

Besides, the French accent bothers me a little. Instead, I love the German accent
(Germans :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:.
Germans speaking English:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:).
and English accent. And the English have made the best music in the world. I should hate the English, but for some strange reason I love them :boh:.

I agree with what you both have said about American cinema. In general, I prefer Italian, English, German, Argentine and Spanish cinema.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I've never been to France, but I've always had that perception of them. I see that I'm not wrong.

Besides, the French accent bothers me a little. Instead, I love the German accent
(Germans :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:.
Germans speaking English:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:).
But why? :shifty:
The stereotypical german accent is cringy as fuck imo.

Proud to say that i don't sound like that :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 435)