AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
No, no no no. It takes a lot of work and you have to be emersed in the market 24/7. Trading is not for everyone and honestly the high frequency trading computers are the only things making money in the market. It's not even a zero sum game anymore because the large trading firms have an advantage over you and me.
I see. Guess I won't touch it then, at least for now.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
ßöмßäяðîëя;4563502 said:
Yea, you have to spend a lot of time looking at charts and playing gaps and understanding where the most likely place the trend will project.
If you don't mind me asking, which company sponsored you for the Series 7 and 66?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Congrats to you both. That's awesome.
Thank you, gents.

I had a 2 weeks training working with Metatrader 4. I thought I'd get to be a trader but in the end they tried to 'convince' me to get in with my own money and start doing it. OR I could get a demo account with 10k, do one trade per day (with minimum 30 pips profit) and trade for a month. IF I end up with more positive than negative trades then I could get a job. IMO it was an impossible thing to do. I had many trades worth 220-270$ but those wouldn't count.
The forex market was mostly what I traded, it was completely nuts at times. I used to sit up late waiting for the European market open and the crosses would just be going crazy right at 3am. Made some, lost some, but overall I wouldn't want to try to make a living off of it unless I was a trader at a bank or something. All those pips are computerized now and the shiit just goes haywire and it's so easy to get stopped out.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #315,575
    If you don't mind me asking, which company sponsored you for the Series 7 and 66?
    It was Edward Jones, I didn't take it, but I would have essentially lived in a hotel in New York for a few months while I studied.

After completion, I could use their name and set up my own office, all paid by me, but could at least use their name.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, is RUS still banned?

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    why can't I swallow pills? I can only drink liquid medication -_- how embarrassing
    I had a roommate once who couldn't swallow pills either. She would always crush them into smaller bits and put it in juice or something and drink it. As long as it isn't some time release shit it should be fine.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4563749 said:
    It was Edward Jones, I didn't take it, but I would have essentially lived in a hotel in New York for a few months while I studied.

After completion, I could use their name and set up my own office, all paid by me, but could at least use their name.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, is RUS still banned?
    Edward Jones is a good name, too. People say they are vastly superior to Merrill (which isn't surprising) and many other firms.

But if anybody wants a mutual fund, definitely go with American Funds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 257)