swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Threatening murder and then suicide to get andy to shut up is all I heard and some dude with heavy voice do nothing but chuckle - you? I should have hung around and actually spoken to some of you, maybe after we win the coppa italia :weee:
Yeah, that was probably me... "Chuckles".

Admittedly, I was distracted with reading all the press, making a new avatar, etc., during the call -- so I wasn't fully present in the conversation. Filip broke me out of that, however. :D

Damn I wish someone had mentioned it here! I would have Skyped with you guys. I was home all alone being a big weeping mess all by myself. And here I could have been a big weeping mess with my fellow Juventinis. :touched:
We missed you, Risa!

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Well, it is a good series. Most writers can dream of being that creative.
I always enjoy satire - especially when it attacks society, religion, politics etc. by placing them in an alternate universe to demonstrate their stupiditiy. I love his mockery of modern literature and clever word play. ie.

"Its a bit like being drunk"

"Whats so bad about being drunk?"

"Ask a glass of water".

:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah, he opens really strong with this earth being destroyed and what's the big deal anyway?

I also love that scene where they have to listen to the Vorgon leader reciting his poetry. :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Yeah, he opens really strong with this earth being destroyed and what's the big deal anyway?

I also love that scene where they have to listen to the Vorgon leader reciting his poetry. :D
I really don't understand with how he got away with the attacks on religion. The plot of the first book is based on the fact that humans were part of an experiment and were created by a planet manufacturing company to find the question to the ultimate answer. Given a few years before Monty Python got in trouble for satirising christianity with the valid point of 'anyone could be a prophet back then'.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Given that reading Cronios' posts in our worst Del Neri days is about the closest I get to Vorgon poetry, I'm glad we're going to get a reprieve for at least a few months. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 286)