'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (30 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah thats crazy exceptional artful video. But I didnt like his primadonna EP at all, dissapointing (strictly about the sound, some good verses), but I'm digigng the new album quite a bit, atleast 4-5 songs that are constantly in my rotation.

Still nothing that is good as the sound he had with Hell Can wait EP, songs like screen door, 65 hunnid, fire or blue suede were too legit raw dope sound. That was 3 years ago, but I can hear some of that fire sound again with Big fish theory now, and it goes well with his lyricism so its good direction, but defenitely is just a developing artist right now (very chill, seems just to be enjoy he has gotten this far and isnt that seriously indepth with his music despite the concious lyrics). Quite down to earth real one, great personality (watch his interview with breakfast club or complex, prolly my favourite character in hiphop community right now lol).

It was similar with summertime 06 album too,hit and miss stuff, because this guy really likes to experiment and risk alot with his beats/instrumentals, half of his work sounds like its strictly remixing house/techno/old school 80s funk beats, not too many strictly tradtional beats that could suit his lyricism better, but I guess he likes too screw around with offbeat style to want to do that.

Its a cliche but his best lyrical work was defenitely in the old mixtapes like shyne cold chains v.1/2 etc. Where he was more about showcasing pure verses instead of half instrumental heavy artist more and more. Which kinda drowns out his lyricism/flow a bit, while his lowkey production in mixtapes just made him stand out more voice wise.

Btw Vince doesnt like putting like names of features in his albums (or see it in others albums, dont want peeps to skip to those songs but experience albums from start to finish), he explained it in the complex interview. So imagine my suprise, when I'm listening to big fish theory, digging the sound of yeah right song ALOT in first listen (Vince is kinda lazy on the song tho lol), and joking with my brother in the car this is the kind of beat Kendrick goes crazy on lately, and then Kendrick hops on the fucking song midway :lol: (in spotify you cant see names of any features)

He basically gave this song to Kendrick since Vince doesnt have legit verse on it.

Fav songs in it are Big fish (ofcourse, total party tune lol), party people, 745 (both dope sound, very colorful playful songs), crabs in a bucket and samo nicest of the lowkey songs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
You guys listened to the new Jay Z album already? Not a fan of Hov in general, but this one is dope af. Only two listens so far, but easily my favourite of his after Reasonable Doubt.

The Damien Marley feature was unexpected but is straight fire.

Can't post links because of this Tidal BS, but check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thats crazy exceptional artful video. But I didnt like his primadonna EP at all, dissapointing (strictly about the sound, some good verses), but I'm digigng the new album quite a bit, atleast 4-5 songs that are constantly in my rotation.

Still nothing that is good as the sound he had with Hell Can wait EP, songs like screen door, 65 hunnid, fire or blue suede were too legit raw dope sound. That was 3 years ago, but I can hear some of that fire sound again with Big fish theory now, and it goes well with his lyricism so its good direction, but defenitely is just a developing artist right now (very chill, seems just to be enjoy he has gotten this far and isnt that seriously indepth with his music despite the concious lyrics). Quite down to earth real one, great personality (watch his interview with breakfast club or complex, prolly my favourite character in hiphop community right now lol).

It was similar with summertime 06 album too,hit and miss stuff, because this guy really likes to experiment and risk alot with his beats/instrumentals, half of his work sounds like its strictly remixing house/techno/old school 80s funk beats, not too many strictly tradtional beats that could suit his lyricism better, but I guess he likes too screw around with offbeat style to want to do that.

Its a cliche but his best lyrical work was defenitely in the old mixtapes like shyne cold chains v.1/2 etc. Where he was more about showcasing pure verses instead of half instrumental heavy artist more and more. Which kinda drowns out his lyricism/flow a bit, while his lowkey production in mixtapes just made him stand out more voice wise.

Btw Vince doesnt like putting like names of features in his albums (or see it in others albums, dont want peeps to skip to those songs but experience albums from start to finish), he explained it in the complex interview. So imagine my suprise, when I'm listening to big fish theory, digging the sound of yeah right song ALOT in first listen (Vince is kinda lazy on the song tho lol), and joking with my brother in the car this is the kind of beat Kendrick goes crazy on lately, and then Kendrick hops on the fucking song midway :lol: (in spotify you cant see names of any features)

He basically gave this song to Kendrick since Vince doesnt have legit verse on it.

Fav songs in it are Big fish (ofcourse, total party tune lol), party people, 745 (both dope sound, very colorful playful songs), crabs in a bucket and samo nicest of the lowkey songs
Wth I could've I had posted a reply to this yesterday

Anyways, just wanted to say that the sound of Big Fish Theory isn't really my favourite, liked Summertime 06 the best so far, though Blue Suede & Screen Door are amongst his best songs for sure. Will check out his mixtape stuff as well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thanks Bro, I downloaded it thanks to Ocelot.

Just started listening, lyrically he goes off on 3rd song smile, crazy, and 4th song is musically dope.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Cool to see that vid getting some attention again. Fucking masterpiece. :delpiero:

It's been used in the "the last night" trailer - game looks really cool, love the art style. @King of Kings

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

@King of Kings @Ocelot @Mohad
Hey fellas.

I appreciate the mentions, but I am going to be out of the loop for a few days. My wife is in the hospital with gall bladder issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool to see that vid getting some attention again. Fucking masterpiece. :delpiero:

It's been used in the "the last night" trailer - game looks really cool, love the art style. @King of Kings

I appreciate the mentions, but I am going to be out of the loop for a few days. My wife is in the hospital with gall bladder issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)