'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (20 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I know C-Murder, Master P and all those guys, Snoop was on that label for a little while (with some pretty shit records). I'm not really a big fan of the southern rap scene, well not as it was then anyway. Lots of shouting and saying 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhh'.

I know Clipse and that album through the stuff with Pharrell through N.E.R.D. Maybe I'm a bit out with my dates. I'll have a listen to that other stuff, thanks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You already know Lupe and Blu. Since you haven't followed the game since '04, I'd recommend Hell Hath No Fury by The Clipse, which dropped in 2006. Great production and rhymes. It's coke rap tho, so if you're one those who only listens to conscious rap you might not enjoy it. :p

From the really new cats I'd say:
Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
J. Cole - The Warm Up
Big KRIT - Return of 4eva

As for the more mainstream artists, I think Kanye is great. J. Cole's debut album (Cole World: The Sideline Story) is pretty dope too.

Kendrick Lamar. There you go. He has a flow reminiscent of early Tribe Called Quest

---------- Post added 06.03.2012 at 09:37 ----------

Speaking of Which................

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
I know C-Murder, Master P and all those guys, Snoop was on that label for a little while (with some pretty shit records). I'm not really a big fan of the southern rap scene, well not as it was then anyway. Lots of shouting and saying 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhh'.

I know Clipse and that album through the stuff with Pharrell through N.E.R.D. Maybe I'm a bit out with my dates. I'll have a listen to that other stuff, thanks.
No problem man, let me know what you think.
Kendrick Lamar. There you go. He has a flow reminiscent of early Tribe Called Quest
:agree:

Section 80 really has a modern ATCQ feel to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)