'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (25 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Not a big fan or anything but i always liked this song.

Mainly because it has a sample from this song which i love (was played in the movie boys n the hood)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:D

Here:

Not really a big Pac fan myself either, but just out of curiosity, what is it you think is overrated about him?
Much better :D

A lot of things, never really liked the tracks, lyrics are cliché, his voice isn't that special and his flow seems kind of stilted. He's got nothing on Nas, Illmatic :delpiero:

I never sleep, cos sleep is the cousin of death.

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Much better :D

A lot of things, never really liked the tracks, lyrics are cliché, his voice isn't that special and his flow seems kind of stilted. He's got nothing on Nas, Illmatic :delpiero:

I never sleep, cos sleep is the cousin of death.
I gotcha. But I think most people would agree that there are better MCs than him, it's just that his charisma and personality was so different from everyone else's. No rapper has ever spoken directly to the hood like he did, and I'm not sure if anyone ever will. I think people from our generation don't fully get that (I was 4 when he died, you were 2), because we only look at the rapping skills, when 2Pac was so much more than just his music. And he does have a lot of classic songs. Not even you can deny that. :D

And Illmatic is one of my all-time favorite albums btw. Nas is a God. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)