'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (36 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
any so called audiophiles (or audiofools lol) here? get this somehow. i know the works of the guitar player for decades, he's a top musician. also the recording is pretty interesting from a technical point of view, especially the double cd edition. one of the discs is mixed, mastered with traditional methods, the other disc contains a raw recording of the original audio. (the trio recorded the materials live.) i've heard some snippets, the raw recording replicates the dynamics of a concert pretty well. also the sound engineer is the member of some local fb groups, he posted some raw trumpet, cello stuff, brilliant. (i have a friend who played cello during university, i know how an instrument sounds in different environments, and this guy's recordings are pretty authentic.)

https://www.myreel.club/index.php/en/releases-menu

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The lineup looks fantastic again, tho not as great as last years. But still undecided, thinking on it, should been no brainer, but the organisation and planning of it was shit as a festival, unserious UK organisers. Tho it was dope music and fantastic place for vacation.

The council of vacation and festivals, aka my brothers and few friends, are weighing our options for travel this summer.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I’ve really liked Billy Nomates (Tor Maries) since her first surprise album and her collabs with Sleaford Mods (“Mork n Mindy”). But her latest album is amazing. I’m listening to it a hell of a lot.

Sure, she’s toned down the prickly edges for more stylish production this time, but it lets the diversity of her songwriting and structures flourish.

The best artists can take you into new sounds or genres that before you really didn’t like… like songs like this:

She still carries her angsty edge and surprise sounds, but she now makes me reconsider artists like Sam Phillips that I never cared for.

Arguably the most interesting female solo act of the past few years for me.

Last edited:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Lately I've been absolutely consumed by Children of Bodom. For year that band was a symbol of mindless metal to me, but now when I'm older I just love it. The melodic aspects and Alexi Laiho playing and compositions are something else.

Especially great at the gym.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)