'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (29 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

@Ocelot @Fr3sh @Mohad this is so much groovier when you hear the original sampled song before :tup:
Give me the original sample pls, gonna listen to it.

At school 2hrs early to study for my last ever exam :weee:
Wish me luck

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not even gonna peak at this one until then

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's not likely coming @Ocelot...

He cant get out of South Africa due to Visa/passport issues (was arrested before and its actually going to court), this year alone he has had 3 tour dates for Europe (January, May and now October), all 3 cancelled. I was supposed see him a week ago and it was cancelled.

Thats the reason I'm posting Mos Def songs, coping mechanism for missing out on him 3 times in 9 months...

"I'm leaving, on a jet plane" No you are not :andy2:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah man, welcome to my struggles of past year lol. He is having major passport issues (he pretty much renounced his american one since moving to SA and using a "world" one) was arrested for it in January while trying to travel for first tour, and its actually going to court some time soon probably. Seems to be bit complicated sitaution but its probably going to be resolved eventually, but thing is dont expect any concert appearances since he cant move an inch until its fully clarified, and since every court appearance booked is being postponed it will be a while...

Our concert date was 16th, the day before organizers said he cant come this time too, and cancelled all plans to postpone it, since this was 3rd time in a row (in total 5 times concert apperances in sweden have been cancelled by him, twice in 2008 heh). I expect your Austrian venue organizers to tell you the day before like ours did every time.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Damn, I mean I heard about his passport issues, but I didn't expect the venue provider to actually offer an alternative date if they wouldn't be able to follow through on their promise - why not cancel it for good in that case?

But your experience doesn't leave me with much confidence :sad:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
the new Korn album is really something good. blew my expectations. if you are a fan check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

enjoy good music people its important for your health.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Supplies.gif

Douchy of them if that's true.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Yeah hearing yours and other stories about similar incidents both Mos & the concert organizer come off as kinda douchy or at the very least incompetent. If that's a one time thing, okay, but if the same shit has been happening for years...

- - - Updated - - -

At leas there's still Talib in a month to look forward to

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Talib is amazing, I seen him 3 times, he comes to our little town even, when usually bigger artists come to Stockholm and two other bigger cities and ignore rest. Plus he is so kind to the audience, chit chats, and even prolongs his performance by 40 minutes in two of the occasions.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah hearing yours and other stories about similar incidents both Mos & the concert organizer come off as kinda douchy or at the very least incompetent. If that's a one time thing, okay, but if the same shit has been happening for years...

- - - Updated - - -

At leas there's still Talib in a month to look forward to
Incompetent/naive/getting fucked by the state, but never think this guy is douchey in any way (at worst irresponsible, since he is fed up with music), he offered to do live stream in SA of him performing to fans who he couldnt come perform for.

Also found this clip, profound talk right here by my man (was right after paris attack) : https://soundcloud.com/acountrycall...aris-attacks-imperialism-and-colonialism-pt-1

transcript of the audio, its useful (he gets really upset/ nearer end, so harder to hear): http://genius.com/Yasiin-bey-paris-attacks-interview-with-ferrari-sheppard-annotated

"people don’t know how to disagree even man. That’s the measure of a civilization brother, not how well you agree, but how well you can disagree. That’s civilized."

@@Mohad @Fr3sh

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Talib is amazing, I seen him 3 times, he comes to our little town even, when usually bigger artists come to Stockholm and two other bigger cities and ignore rest. Plus he is so kind to the audience, chit chats, and even prolongs his performance by 40 minutes in two of the occasions.

- - - Updated - - -

Incompetent/naive/getting fucked by the state, but never think this guy is douchey in any way (at worst irresponsible, since he is fed up with music), he offered to do live stream in SA of him performing to fans who he couldnt come perform for.

Also found this clip, profound talk right here by my man (was right after paris attack) : https://soundcloud.com/acountrycall...aris-attacks-imperialism-and-colonialism-pt-1

transcript of the audio, its useful (he gets really upset/ nearer end, so harder to hear): http://genius.com/Yasiin-bey-paris-attacks-interview-with-ferrari-sheppard-annotated

"people don’t know how to disagree even man. That’s the measure of a civilization brother, not how well you agree, but how well you can disagree. That’s civilized."

@@Mohad @Fr3sh
:tup:
Mos is the fucking man, got nothing but love for him.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

@@Mohad @Fr3sh
Yeah I love the dude, and I'd never say that he as a person was a douchy or anything...but in this particular case, when he's already been denied to leave for months and still tells people that he'll be able to make it to the (already postponed) concert, that action is either delusional (if he really believed he'd make it) or kinda douchy :D

If that's what really happened of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)