'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (16 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You heard his album from Sept?

Its quite underrated, he is the OG hard veteran of the black hippy family, rawest lyrically, but is in the background bit too much (and doesnt mind it) considering his talent level.

Also, fun easy quiz, which song or artist is this beat/freestyle based on? ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Haha yeah dont hold your breath, considering above song was supposed to come out 5 years ago, tells you everything of how little they shit done together.

Btw, its kinda funny seeing Schoolboy Q in that clip (guy with grey hoodie and bottle), he was so skinny back then lol, compared to his recent fisherman hat wearing NFL D-man physique.
I know, but it's just so freaking annoying that they've got this (and I don't know how many other songs) basically packed and ready to go for years, but we gotta listen to some shitty phone camera version with people talking all over it :D

I don't know, there's something about Madlib's production that rubs me completely the wrong way...I literela cringe every time that vocal sample comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, fun easy quiz, which song or artist is this beat/freestyle based on? ;)

Some Talib song? Can't remember which one though

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
"Im Yosemite Sam with 2 glocks cocked i do pop shots to make your fucking crew hopscotch, and fuck you cops cause you cock block, killuminati spit the shit that got tupac shot"

Damn :D

Posted couple songs of his earlier pages, mainly his turnt up tune cant stop.

- - - Updated - - -

https://soundcloud.com/kanyewest/nomorepartiesinla

@Ocelot @Völler @Salvo @Mohad @King of Kings @HAZEM
This is sick.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Völler @Ocelot @HAZEM @King of Kings

This new funky/soulful dude that had 4 frigging track features on Dre's compton album, and also heavy feature on The Game and other Cali MCs work lately, is too good to not share:

collab work he has as a duo with another guy produces this helluvah wavvy tune:

has released his sophmore album, chill as fvck, unique voice and too damn nice (would fit right in with 70s-80s funk). My fave song from his Malibu is this one (because it happens to feature my main favourite rnb soul singer):

And this one:

But rest is worth a listen, fresh sound.

I invision him creating magical tunes with Kendrick, their style and vocals defenitely should match just listening to him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
OK that was the last time I ever mentionned you :D

Here I thought you as the the main soul/funk music afficianado in this forum would be likely to try out to a new cat thats trying to bring back the smooth sound.

Shaping up to sound like a grammy nom worthy album so far:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)