-what are u currently listenin to?- (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
she also likes the doors pearl jam Nirvana and so on. its a refreshing change from the crud that most german teens listen to.

Which albums in particular?

What style is Neil young? this isnt the first time ive heard him praised. Rock? Good albums?

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Acies ] ++
does she like the smashing pumpkins?
I didnt ask about that, however I would like to know their good albums. I heard one song (rat in a cage) and I liked it. The lead singer reminded me of Burke's voice :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
Claire is obcessed with Neil Young. She can play every Neil Young song on Guitar and she cant even play guitar. She learnt the harmonica just to play Neil young stuff.

Thrasher is her favourite song.

And Dan, everything from country to grunge. Might not be to your taste though.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, Neil Young is folk-rock most of the time, but he is known as the Godfather of Grunge as demonstrated in his song "Cinnamon Girl".

If you want something good to get started on, buy "Harvest" - Neil Young. That's a solid album.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Max ] ++
Yeah, Neil Young is folk-rock most of the time, but he is known as the Godfather of Grunge as demonstrated in his song "Cinnamon Girl".

If you want something good to get started on, buy "Harvest" - Neil Young. That's a solid album.
Buy? :confused:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Max ] ++

folk-rock, thanks. country- rock sounded wrong

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Neil Young can run all over the map, actually. He can play the whole folksy twang thing. Then he can gear up with the crunching rock sound with Crazy Horse -- there are whole albums with little beyond ear-crunching guitar feedback. Then there's experiments with electronic music. Blues albums. Even rockabilly episodes.

He's really pretty hard to confine, and he's done things that confound both his critics and fans regularly. I cannot think of a single other contemporary musician that has been able to sustain that kind of viability, variety, and ability to surprise people after the first decade of their work ... let alone four of them.

But these days, I'm listening to the usual odd stuff again: Kinski and Madvillain.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Where can you run to
What more can you do
No more tomorrow
Life is killing you
Dreams turn to nightmares
Heaven turns to hell

What a bloody good gig they played\m/ Although they didn't play that 'Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath' completely, just first riffs. 'Paranoid' kills when played live by the original lads. Yes, it was the first time I saw Black Sabbath live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)