-what are u currently listenin to?- (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Don't really get what The Game has accomplished in rap, if anybody could point to more than his two famous songs I'd appreciate it. :)
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
HELL YEAH, my man. Chicago's finest MC.
Thought he was from Georgia?

And he wouldn't be the best MC anyhoo, producer probably.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Don't really get what The Game has accomplished in rap, if anybody could point to more than his two famous songs I'd appreciate it. :)

If he stays alive long enough, I believe it's a matter of what he will accomplish.
Oh and Eva -

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
No that I know much about hip hop but surely dr dre is the best producer out there.. I haven't heard anything come close, though the neptunes are pretty hot on the money too.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
No that I know much about hip hop but surely dr dre is the best producer out there.. I haven't heard anything come close, though the neptunes are pretty hot on the money too.
Dr. Dre's made one of the top three rap albums ever IMO, very good producer, certainly one of the best. My previous comment about Kanye West was about him probably being the best producer from Chicago. :)

The Neptunes... Ok, but not too much of a fan. And I'm sick of seeing Pharrell in every music video he can sneak into.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003

Dr. Dre's made one of the top three rap albums ever IMO, very good producer, certainly one of the best.
The Chronic you're referring to no doubt..

The Neptunes... Ok, but not too much of a fan. And I'm sick of seeing Pharrel in every music video he can sneak into.
Yessir! :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Oh, fair enough then, tbh I don't really know the birthplace of any of these people..

I'm agreed on Pharrell, bit of a cock in all honesty but some of the beats they produce are very slick, even I can appreciate them and I hate the whole culture in general

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++
The Chronic you're referring to no doubt..
No, actually I prefer "2001". "The Chronic" was probably more groundbreaking and I own it and it's a very good album, but "2001" is IMO better. :)
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I'm agreed on Pharrell, bit of a cock in all honesty but some of the beats they produce are very slick, even I can appreciate them and I hate the whole culture in general
Not that big of a rap fan, but it works well at times and I like it better than most of the "normal" pop on the radio.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well the Game's shit is some of the best I have heard in years, right up there with Eminem and Nas, although talent-wise not as sick as Em, no way. He hasn't accomplished that much in rap yet, but if you listen to his shit you can tell this guy is for real and has talent.

His best songs are as follows:

-Church For Thugs (Classic West Coastin', amazing stuff)
-Put You on the Game
-Westside Story
-The Documentary

Take a listen to all those. They're damn good.

Ah, not sure what you're talking about there, Torks. Kanye is indeed from the City of Wind, Chicago, and is one of the best MC's out there, no question.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
His best songs are as follows:

-Church For Thugs (Classic West Coastin', amazing stuff)
-Put You on the Game
-Westside Story
-The Documentary

Take a listen to all those. They're damn good.
I'll check them out. Have you heard his song with Fredwreck for NBA Live 2004? Quite good.
Ah, not sure what you're talking about there, Torks. Kanye is indeed from the City of Wind, Chicago, and is one of the best MC's out there, no question.
Ok, my bad. :)
But still nobody touches Em in the rap game. By far the best as far as I'm concerned.
IMHO, Eminem has lost it recently. He used to sound so fresh and on top, now he seems to struggle with even the simplest of rhymes. His rapping in "Mockingbird" and "Toy Soldiers" is IMO weak.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

I'll check them out. Have you heard his song with Fredwreck for NBA Live 2004? Quite good.

Ok, my bad. :)

IMHO, Eminem has lost it recently. He used to sound so fresh and on top, now he seems to struggle with even the simplest of rhymes. His rapping in "Mockingbird" and "Toy Soldiers" is IMO weak.
Mockingbird is a really nice song. I like the lyrics. Its good to see a person like Eminem with a bad boy image rapping about his daughter and his feelings

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++
I despise Mockingbird, his worst single ever in my opinion..
Sure the content is admirable but the song sucks.
It doesnt suck more than that new song of his Ass Like That or whatever

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
What is neil young actually like Jae?

By the way, as you might of read, the girl i met the yesterday is really into the killers. Good albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)