-what are u currently listenin to?- (252 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
you like volta????

man there new album was different, i felt the same as you but i just had to get used to it. but still deloused in the comatorium is the best album for sure.
Yeah Bedlam was just like... crap. What a massive disappointment it was for me. A few songs i listened to i liked after a few listens but it didn't really improve from there.
Deloused was my favorite too dude. Just gold. But Frances the mute, if you listen to that front to back then your mind is blown. It really is the pinnacle of creativity that album and its so moving.
Sadly they're not as good live anymore either. Cedrics voice is starting to fade and that one of their best assets but they did get a new black young kid on drums and he is amazing.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah Bedlam was just like... crap. What a massive disappointment it was for me. A few songs i listened to i liked after a few listens but it didn't really improve from there.
Deloused was my favorite too dude. Just gold. But Frances the mute, if you listen to that front to back then your mind is blown. It really is the pinnacle of creativity that album and its so moving.
Sadly they're not as good live anymore either. Cedrics voice is starting to fade and that one of their best assets but they did get a new black young kid on drums and he is amazing.
ye it was a good album also, but there new album is good too man just have to listen to it more, but hey its not for everyone.

Jun 26, 2007
Tell me about it. Saw them live (in a concert venue, where they were the main act) a few months ago, and I must say I was disappointed. They had WAY too much repetitive, boring 'interludes' between their songs, where they'd just play the same riff for like 5 minutes without something cool happening. Cedric's voice was still great though and when they played their classic songs without the crappy jams it was awesome. They should just play 1h30 instead of 2h30 and probably avoid getting high before playing.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Tell me about it. Saw them live (in a concert venue, where they were the main act) a few months ago, and I must say I was disappointed. They had WAY too much repetitive, boring 'interludes' between their songs, where they'd just play the same riff for like 5 minutes without something cool happening. Cedric's voice was still great though and when they played their classic songs without the crappy jams it was awesome. They should just play 1h30 instead of 2h30 and probably avoid getting high before playing.
Yeah there jams have been wack as of late also. But i must hand it to them, they are great improvisers usually. They actually claim that they've been off drugs for years. Omar says he used to be a massive crack addict before At the Drive In Days and it was clear that during the ATDI period they were on something, but now they're supposedly clean after Frances the Mute. Which may explain their creativity problems.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
if they need drugs to be creative there not great musicians

but they are great so thats not it i think there new album was creative enough lol.

i remember when at the big day out cedric screamed out over the mic "your all sheep! after he asked them not to mosh.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
if they need drugs to be creative there not great musicians

but they are great so thats not it i think there new album was creative enough lol.

i remember when at the big day out cedric screamed out over the mic "your all sheep! after he asked them not to mosh.
lol yeah that was so funny. But it was just getting too crazy I guess. There's good creative and then there is being creative just for the sake of it and I think they've crossed that line. And it seems that Bedlam and Amputechture are taking after the band King Krimson. Where as Frances the Mute was completely self reliant and therefore more creative. Also the difference between those "better" albums and the new ones is that Omar took full creative control after Frances the Mute. Which is why the original drummer left.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
lol yeah that was so funny. But it was just getting too crazy I guess. There's good creative and then there is being creative just for the sake of it and I think they've crossed that line. And it seems that Bedlam and Amputechture are taking after the band King Krimson. Where as Frances the Mute was completely self reliant and therefore more creative. Also the difference between those "better" albums and the new ones is that Omar took full creative control after Frances the Mute. Which is why the original drummer left.
ye i see what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 246)