-what are u currently listenin to?- (381 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

LOL, I just discovered The Cranberries are an awesome band. Dolores O'Riordan has got such a powerfull voice, irritating at times though.

The Cranberries - Zombie

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Nope. It's a nice compilation but not to include songs like Telegraph Road(I don't care how long it is), Once Upon a Time in The West, Down To The Waterline, The Man's Too Strong, etc. ?

Nah, it's best if he goes through the albums IMO.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Nope. It's a nice compilation but not to include songs like Telegraph Road(I don't care how long it is), Once Upon a Time in The West, Down To The Waterline, The Man's Too Strong, etc. ?

it contains songs from 70s, 80s and 90s. So you get the entire picture and then you can already decide from which period to start.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

it contains songs from 70s, 80s and 90s. So you get the entire picture and then you can already decide from which period to start.
When it comes to quality bands I don't like recommending compilation best of's, just doesn't seem right. Best of's are for bands that have 1 or 2 good songs on each album, than they pack all that's good onto one compilation just to sell the same stuff over again. Sure, everyone does it, but if one wants to get to know Dire Straits I'll always recommend one of the albums rather than a compilation.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
When it comes to quality bands I don't like recommending compilation best of's, just doesn't seem right. Best of's are for bands that have 1 or 2 good songs on each album, than they pack all that's good onto one compilation just to sell the same stuff over again. Sure, everyone does it, but if one wants to get to know Dire Straits I'll always recommend one of the albums rather than a compilation.
sure, but we can notice "certain buzz":p in the background in the 70-s, beside the band members changed during the 80-s, and the difference(in the sound) between first album and lets say brothers in arms album is significant/notable. Of course every album was good and i wouldnt say the very best was indeed the best album, but for a newcomer, its good for introduction.

Apr 15, 2006
compilations are for wannabe's!!!!

Full discography FTW!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

My father loves Dire Straights, but I simply cannot get into that sort of music. I can't stop listening to hip hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 379)