-what are u currently listenin to?- (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I have to start buying Dire Straits albums, my friend keeps telling me to start sooner. any recommendation on which album to start?
The thing with Straits is they simply never disapointed, all of their albums were up to par, no album was weaker or stronger, well, perhaps Brothers in Arms stands out a tiny bit. As their most succesfull album it should be the most logical first choice. Sfter that I'm undecided, all of them are equally good, though if someone put a knife on my throat and forced me to choose it'd be something like this:

1. Brothers in Arms
2. Making Movies
3. Dire Straits
4. Communique
5. Love Over Gold
6. On Every Street

They're simply a quality band which can't and won't disapoint any rock fan.

P.S. I recently downloaded a high resolution vinyl rip of Communique and it sounds simply awesome, trust me, CD's are crap compaired to this. Such a warm sound, incredible. Had vinyls been smaller and more compact CD's would have never become the success they are now, in sound quality vinyl is simply unmatched.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
The thing with Straits is they simply never disapointed, all of their albums were up to par, no album was weaker or stronger, well, perhaps Brothers in Arms stands out a tiny bit. As their most succesfull album it should be the most logical first choice. Sfter that I'm undecided, all of them are equally good, though if someone put a knife on my throat and forced me to choose it'd be something like this:

1. Brothers in Arms
2. Making Movies
3. Dire Straits
4. Communique
5. Love Over Gold
6. On Every Street

They're simply a quality band which can't and won't disapoint any rock fan.

P.S. I recently downloaded a high resolution vinyl rip of Communique and it sounds simply awesome, trust me, CD's are crap compaired to this. Such a warm sound, incredible. Had vinyls been smaller and more compact CD's would have never become the success they are now, in sound quality vinyl is simply unmatched.
Thanx :tup:

btw, did you get/download Roger's Concert (in the flesh live)I told you? :D

Apr 15, 2006
they started out in the mid 90's. their early stuff was phycadellic(?), but their recent releases have been SLIGHTLY metal influenced! i only have their last 3 albums, and they're great! check out the 2 albums i mentioned before!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Thanx :tup:

btw, did you get/download Roger's Concert (in the flesh live)I told you? :D
No problem.

No, I didn't. :D I can't find a decent torrent for it. :(
Lazarus - Porcupine Tree

snoop n vlat, heard of them^^^^??? check em out. get In Absentia or Deadwing! they're great!
They're ok but I like Tool more. That kind of music I listen to rarely though, almost never.

The Cranberries - Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)