-what are u currently listenin to?- (308 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Muse ain't bad, Bes.

But add some rap to your playlist.

Something like... something like... Obie Trice.
Rap is such a cliché these days, though. It is so full of excess right now, just like rock was in the early 70s just before punk rock rebelled against all the scraggly long hair, bare chests, and self-indulgent guitar solos. Somebody has to bust this sh*t up, because most of the genre has run stale and foul. It's what makes that "Mathematics of Hip Hop" post so hysterically funny.

I know it's bad because I find myself going back to stuff like the Souls of Mischief when I want to listen to rap anymore.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, you know. If a person wants to dress a certain way...
I hold nothing against wiggers.
I hold something against wiggers if they know fuckall about the history of rap, and great artists such as Nas, Rakim, Mobb Deep, and of course Wu-Tang Clan. If some wigger comes up and says Lil' Wayne is the best rapper ever, someone needs to cap his white cracker faggot ass and throw his body in the Hudson.

Jan 7, 2004
Rap is such a cliché these days, though. It is so full of excess right now, just like rock was in the early 70s just before punk rock rebelled against all the scraggly long hair, bare chests, and self-indulgent guitar solos. Somebody has to bust this sh*t up, because most of the genre has run stale and foul. It's what makes that "Mathematics of Hip Hop" post so hysterically funny.

I know it's bad because I find myself going back to stuff like the Souls of Mischief when I want to listen to rap anymore.
the streets are great, they have the potential to revolutionize rap, if only they had not been born in england or had the accent

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Oh man, you didn't just say that shit.

Did you?

Holy shit.

Greg, you are...

Fucking sick.

Souls of Mischief? :lol2: They are actually damn good, and I respect that you know about them. But afterall, you have spent quite a number of years in the Oakland area, so I'm certainly glad you're familiar with them. Here I was thinking you were too busy studying programming at Berkeley, typing away at C++ and Perl, yet you know about the local music. Word up, my friend.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I hold something against wiggers if they know fuckall about the history of rap, and great artists such as Nas, Rakim, Mobb Deep, and of course Wu-Tang Clan. If some wigger comes up and says Lil' Wayne is the best rapper ever, someone needs to cap his white cracker faggot ass and throw his body in the Hudson.
:lol:

Well if you put it that way. I hate wiggers too. Was just trying to be politically correct. Myself I may not be able to describe the history of rap music in full, but I do enjoy all of those artist you mentioned.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol:

Well if you put it that way. I hate wiggers too. Was just trying to be politically correct. Myself I may not be able to describe the history of rap music in full, but I do enjoy all of those artist you mentioned.
Word up. Artists such as Nas, Gang Starr and the Wu are true to the game, unlike these moneygrabbers that are releasing records today. The only present day rappers I respect who have put out tracks within the last two years are Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West. The rest is all crap without a doubt. Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead Album blows all the current stuff away, and it's probably his worst album all time, yet it's still great.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Word up. Artists such as Nas, Gang Starr and the Wu are true to the game, unlike these moneygrabbers that are releasing records today. The only present day rappers I respect who have put out tracks within the last two years are Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West. The rest is all crap without a doubt. Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead Album blows all the current stuff away, and it's probably his worst album all time, yet it's still great.
Indeed. Those are all great choices (except Kanye, something about him that I can't stand), though my absolute favourites in american rap are underground artists such as Celph Titled, 7l&Esoteric, Apathy, Tonedeff, etc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Indeed. Those are all great choices (except Kanye, something about him that I can't stand), though my absolute favourites in american rap are underground artists such as Celph Titled, 7l&Esoteric, Apathy, Tonedeff, etc.
Ahhh, so you must know about Jedi Mind Tricks, as both Celph Titled and Apathy are part of Army of the Pharaohs, started by Vinni Paz. Yeah I've heard a lot of Jedi but not much of the latter. I'll have to check more of it out.

Jedi Mind Tricks is damn good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 306)