Weston “Immovable” McKennie (51 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't mind having him here at all. In fact I like him quite a lot, such a no-bullshit player, similar to Chiesa.

McKennie and Bentancur are decent for rotation to have. Rabiot and Ramsey are too expensive to be that.
You had me until Bentancur.

Padoin was more effective.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I see the Americans don't like McKennie's stats and are trying to discredit them because they show his uselessness.

Who would have guessed?!

- - - Updated - - -

His girl left him for an American brother
She's in the same room with me. And she's my wife. Are we involving the family in this discussion about McKennie? How's your mother doing?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
She's in the same room with me. And she's my wife. Are we involving the family in this discussion about McKennie? How's your mother doing?
What? It was a joke about an ex girlfriend leaving you for an American and that being the root of your hate. I’d never insult somebody’s family, let alone their wife.

She’s doing well btw. Thanks for asking.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We're comparing McKennie to Juve's Vidal now? :lol: :lol:
Ok.
I will add Pjanic's worst season too (last year) and one of Marchisio's seasons.

McKennie 2020/21 vs Vidal 2012/13 vs Pjanic 2019/20 vs Marchisio 2011/12
Just to see where we were and where we are now.

Passes per 90 minutes:
Pjanic 63.6
Vidal 53.5
Marchisio 52
McKennie 24.3

Passes %
Pjanic 90.4%
Vidal 87%
McKennie 86.7%
Marchisio 85.7%

Successful crosses per 90 minutes
Pjanic 0.8
Vidal 0.4
Marchisio 0.4
McKennie 0

Successful tackles per 90 minutes
Vidal 4.9
Marchisio 2.3
Pjanic 1.5
McKennie 1.1

Intercepted passes per 90 minutes
Marchisio 2
Vidal 1.5
McKennie 1.1
Pjanic 1.1

Dribblings per 90 minutes
Vidal 1.9
Pjanic 1.4
Marchisio 1.1
McKennie 0.7

Blocked shots per 90 minutes
Pjanic 0.4
Vidal 0.3
Marchisio 0.1
McKennie 0

km ran per 90 minutes
Vidal 10.94 km
Pjanic 10.9 km
Marchisio 10.6 km
McKennie 9.41 km

Assists*:
Vidal 8
Pjanic 6
Marchisio 3
McKennie 2

Goals*:
Vidal 10
Marchisio 9
McKennie 4
Pjanic 3

*McKennie's stats here will probably improve.
----------------
McKennie doesn't do anything a midfielder should do. He doesn't pass, doesn't tackle, doesn't win possession back by intercepting passes, doesn't come back to block shots, doesn't cross and he doesn't run enough.
He did score 4 goals in the league, which is a fine number for a midfielder. But if he doesn't do anything else a midfielder should do, why do we need him for? To score 4-5 goals per season? Buy an attacking midfielder then who'll score 10 and assist more than that.

I don't hate McKennie you assholes. I hate what he represents: the new Juve which sucks.
And you all seem to like it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I like him. He's got balls, hustle and guts. He's the least of our problems in the midfield area. I'd dispose of those high earning, low impact, low return players in Ramsey and Rabiot before even considering a McNuggets sale. After The French Pansy and The Broken Welshman are shipped off, I'd put Bend-encore on the chopping block.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I like him. He's got balls, hustle and guts. He's the least of our problems in the midfield area. I'd dispose of those high earning, low impact, low return players in Ramsey and Rabiot before even considering a McNuggets sale. After The French Pansy and The Broken Welshman are shipped off, I'd put Bend-encore on the chopping block.
If we had Pirlo and Vidal from Conte's early years in Juve, I seriously wouldn't mind at all if one of Rabiot, McKennie, Bentancur, Arthur or Ramsey was playing alongside those two, while the other four were coming off the bench. We always had players of their quality, or (much) weaker midfielders than these 5. But we also (almost) always used to have midfielders of much superior quality. It's those guys that we're missing.
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Conte and Tacchinardi were better players than our current midfielders. I watched those guys. Put them in this team instead of any two from our current bunch, and our team will suck just as much. But those two used to have Zidane, Davids and Nedved next to them.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we had Pirlo and Vidal from Conte's early years in Juve, I seriously wouldn't mind at all if one of Rabiot, McKennie, Bentancur, Arthur or Ramsey was playing alongside those two, while the other four were coming off the bench. We always had players of their quality, or (much) weaker midfielders than these 5. But we also (almost) always used to have midfielders of much superior quality. It's those guys that we're missing.
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Conte and Tacchinardi were better players than our current midfielders. I watched those guys. Put them in this team instead of any two from our current bunch, and our team will suck just as much. But those two used to have Zidane, Davids and Nedved next to them.
Conte and Tacchinardi were not as technical or as gifted as our current mids - that might be true. However, they had heart, grinta, and were consistent. Our current mids are soft, inconsistent, and tbh a bunch of pussies. Part of it is lack of experience and the lack of winning DNA, and part of it is that they're mental midgets.

Jun 16, 2020
We're comparing McKennie to Juve's Vidal now? :lol: :lol:
Ok.
I will add Pjanic's worst season too (last year) and one of Marchisio's seasons.

McKennie 2020/21 vs Vidal 2012/13 vs Pjanic 2019/20 vs Marchisio 2011/12
Just to see where we were and where we are now.

Passes per 90 minutes:
Pjanic 63.6
Vidal 53.5
Marchisio 52
McKennie 24.3

Passes %
Pjanic 90.4%
Vidal 87%
McKennie 86.7%
Marchisio 85.7%

Successful crosses per 90 minutes
Pjanic 0.8
Vidal 0.4
Marchisio 0.4
McKennie 0

Successful tackles per 90 minutes
Vidal 4.9
Marchisio 2.3
Pjanic 1.5
McKennie 1.1

Intercepted passes per 90 minutes
Marchisio 2
Vidal 1.5
McKennie 1.1
Pjanic 1.1

Dribblings per 90 minutes
Vidal 1.9
Pjanic 1.4
Marchisio 1.1
McKennie 0.7

Blocked shots per 90 minutes
Pjanic 0.4
Vidal 0.3
Marchisio 0.1
McKennie 0

km ran per 90 minutes
Vidal 10.94 km
Pjanic 10.9 km
Marchisio 10.6 km
McKennie 9.41 km

Assists*:
Vidal 8
Pjanic 6
Marchisio 3
McKennie 2

Goals*:
Vidal 10
Marchisio 9
McKennie 4
Pjanic 3

*McKennie's stats here will probably improve.
----------------
McKennie doesn't do anything a midfielder should do. He doesn't pass, doesn't tackle, doesn't win possession back by intercepting passes, doesn't come back to block shots, doesn't cross and he doesn't run enough.
He did score 4 goals in the league, which is a fine number for a midfielder. But if he doesn't do anything else a midfielder should do, why do we need him for? To score 4-5 goals per season? Buy an attacking midfielder then who'll score 10 and assist more than that.

I don't hate McKennie you assholes. I hate what he represents: the new Juve which sucks.
And you all seem to like it.
So he’s Vidal without the alcohol and without the statistics. That’s good

- - - Updated - - -

He's our best midfielder by far, but he's getting a bit overrated, he is not consistent nor vidal.

He can obviously improve and that's why I think it could be a decent move provided we get other midfielders too.
I think that he’ll play it his best in a midfield of 3 as a RCM. He was doing very good as RM, but Chiesa is just a lot better. Now on the left it’s not very convincing yet.

Conclusion: Pirlo should just play 433

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see the comparisons b/t Vidal & McKennie are raging now.

The real issue is, we never adequately replaced the real midfield general from back in the day: Marchisio.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Any more cool stats coming today?

If we take De Ligt's tackles, Morata's goals, and Bentancur's passes, and subtract them all from Ronaldo's goals, that means Ronaldo is the worst player on Juventus.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I see the comparisons b/t Vidal & McKennie are raging now.

The real issue is, we never adequately replaced the real midfield general from back in the day: Marchisio.
No. We had adequate replacements for Marchisio. What we really missed all these years is the physicality, grinta, goals and just the pure all round ability of a Vidal or Pogba. It's pretty obvious our midfield would've looked world class if we had 1 Vidal next to Pjanić.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)