Weston “Immovable” McKennie (42 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont recall there was a single post here in this thread that had any racist remark. Some joked about him being American and thats all. You are just trying to hard now. Its foolish what you are doing actually.
Dont agree with hist in this case, but you are naive if you haven't noticed Igor Tudors overt racist remarks in this thread over the years.

And Alen has made tons of racist jokes in this thread to actively troll the americans.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
stats don’t tell the whole story. How many passes was Momo averaging per game compared to Mac?

and how many of them were crosses in the box or through balls like Macs? Probably very little because Momo was passing the ball to midfield or defense.

gotta put context into stats
In my head Sissoko is the worst passer we ever had, but the difference in passing between him and McKennie isn't that big as you might think. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even exist.
Whoscored.com has stats starting from 2009/10, so I can't check all seasons for Sissoko, but here is what we have:

Sissoko in 2009/10 --- 37.8 passes per match, 83.5% pass success, 0.1 crosses per match
Sissoko in 2010/11 --- 21.4 passes per match, 82.9% pass success, less than 0.1 crosses per match
McKennie in 2020/21-- 22.2 passes per match, 82.4% pass success, less than 0.1 crosses per match
McKennie in 2021/22 --- 24.7 passes per match, 77.3% pass success, 0.1 crosses per match

Only this year, when McKennie was moved from central midfield to the wings, his numbers became better. Not for passing. He sucks there once again (25.1 passes per match; 81.7% pass success), but for crosses (0.3 crosses per match).
As for through balls, McKennie averaged less than 0.1 per match in the previous seasons (that's like 1 through ball in more than 10 matches), while this season he has 0.1 through balls per match. Sissoko had 0.1 through balls per match both in 09/10 and 10/11. So, a little better than McKennie.

Defensively, you can't compare them. Mommo was a guy with 4 tackles per match, almost 2.5 interceptions and 1.6 clearances , while McKennie averages a little more or a little less than 1 tackle, 1 interception and 1 clearance per match.
McKennie was better only in the opponent's box.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In my head Sissoko is the worst passer we ever had, but the difference in passing between him and McKennie isn't that big as you might think. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even exist.
Whoscored.com has stats starting from 2009/10, so I can't check all seasons for Sissoko, but here is what we have:

Sissoko in 2009/10 --- 37.8 passes per match, 83.5% pass success, 0.1 crosses per match
Sissoko in 2010/11 --- 21.4 passes per match, 82.9% pass success, less than 0.1 crosses per match
McKennie in 2020/21-- 22.2 passes per match, 82.4% pass success, less than 0.1 crosses per match
McKennie in 2021/22 --- 24.7 passes per match, 77.3% pass success, 0.1 crosses per match

Only this year, when McKennie was moved from central midfield to the wings, his numbers became better. Not for passing. He sucks there once again (25.1 passes per match; 81.7% pass success), but for crosses (0.3 crosses per match).
As for through balls, McKennie averaged less than 0.1 per match in the previous seasons (that's like 1 through ball in more than 10 matches), while this season he has 0.1 through balls per match. Sissoko had 0.1 through balls per match both in 09/10 and 10/11. So, a little better than McKennie.

Defensively, you can't compare them. Mommo was a guy with 4 tackles per match, almost 2.5 interceptions and 1.6 clearances , while McKennie averages a little more or a little less than 1 tackle, 1 interception and 1 clearance per match.
McKennie was better only in the opponent's box.
Sturaro, though. He has worse numbers than both Sissoko and McKennie. His passing success didn't go above 77%. Last year it was 65%.
:lol2:
I'm laughing because I imagined a McKennie-Sissoko-Sturaro midfield.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Let mckennie out on loan with option to buy but arsenal have a £70 mill bid rejected for some Brighton midfielder I've never even heard of. But the figc want to do us for over inflating the market fml
My man you need to watch more football. Caicedo is basically the best defensive CM in the league outside the top clubs. Him and Rice, but I give edge to Caicedo because he is only 21 and is way more technical despite being a ball winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Still think we need a third section. "Let's pretend this never happened."

Ahhh, Weston would fit in well there. Paramatti and Jorge Martinez could use some company.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Bentancur wasn't good enough to be a starter for us and McKennie is clearly worse than he was ffs.

It hs nothing to do with his country, he is simply in the line of Juve midfielders represented by Sissoko, Sturaro, Lemina, McKennie... players that are just too poor in midfield to play for Juve. PL money bailed us out here.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
PL money bailed us out here.
Yeah, and PLs intention to win more US fans.
There is not a single chance that an EPL team was gonna buy McKennie from us if he wasn't American or British.

- - - Updated - - -

M
Ahhh, Weston would fit in well there. Paramatti and Jorge Martinez could use some company.
Post-Calciopoli Juventus. Flops vs talentless hacks. Who wins?

AS Calcio Flop
Szczesny from the begining of last season and from 2023
Isla -- Andrade -- Howedes -- Grosso
Arthur -- Felipe Melo -- Almiron
Martinez -- Bernardeschi
Amauri

Bench: Romulo, Tiago, Aquilani, Hernanes, Krasic, Elia, Ramsey, Pjaca

Jabroni United
Pinsoglio
Motta -- Gatti -- Boumsong -- Molinaro
McKennie -- Pazienza -- Nocerino -- Sturaro
Portanova
Kean

Bench: De Ceglie, De Sciglio, Frabotta, Stendardo, Knezevic, Sissoko, Rincon

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
There is not a single chance that an EPL team was gonna buy McKennie from us if he wasn't American or British.

- - - Updated - - -

AS Calcio Flop
Martinez -- Bernardeschi
Amauri

Jabroni United
Pinsoglio
Portanova
Kean

Don't do my boy Milos like that.

Guy was giving me hope.

At one point I was scared ManCity could come and buy him.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I hear ya.
I transferred the thread in the rookie section.
Only right thing to do but appreciate seeing that for a brief period. Alex and Gigi couldn’t but some old timers I have no idea who they are would be rolling over in their graves.

I guess you do have a sense of humor.I was afraid they might remove you as moderator.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

AS Calcio Flop
Martinez -- Bernardeschi
Amauri

Jabroni United
Pinsoglio
Portanova
Kean

Easy win for Jabroni United, so much grinta just from Nocerino or Sturaro alone.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

AS Calcio Flop
Martinez -- Bernardeschi
Amauri

Jabroni United
Pinsoglio
Portanova
Kean

I liked it all until very end,

when I saw you added Momo Sissoko to jabroni team.

Je bem ti mater.

We are enemies for life now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)