Weston “Immovable” McKennie (40 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Some of you ‘muricans here so butthurt about Mckennie sucking. It is what it is. Accept he. He was terrible. He had energy and ran around a lot, but was awful on a technical and skills level and no head to play the game. An absolutely appalling midfielder.

Save your rah rah ‘murica pride for when we sign a decent footballer from the US. Not for this rubbish player.
-6 points for incoherent statement on JJ forum.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I said at the time of the signing worst case scenario an English team gives us a pile of money in a couple years. I hope it becomes an obligation to buy because that is a lot of money for his level of play. As an American it was cool having McKennie on the team. He wasn’t the best player but he scored some important goals and I’d rather have him any day than players like Rabiot, Arthur or Ramsey. He was a likable guy and at least he gave a shit.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lol, Sissoko was indeed a worse passer than McKennie. The worst passer we had :lol2: :lol2:
An excellent tackler, though.
I withdraw this statement.
I checked some Sissoko stats and while he was indeed a master tackler with 4 tackles per match and 2.6 interceptions, his passing success was at 80% and not as bad as I remembered.
McKennie's passing success is exactly the same, but he doesn't even average 1 (one) tackle or interception per match.

Damn, football was indeed played differently a decade and longer ago. Technique was important, passing was important. Someone like Sissoko, with 80% passing success, looked like the least talented footballer ever. Now it's all about athleticism and a midfielder with 80% passing success might even pass as a talented player :(

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sturaro is Italiano, tactics run in his blood. Allegri the tactical master played him even more than Sturaro, so that should tell you something!
oh, so now you think that allegri has an eye for talent, quite an unexpected compliment out of the blue.

as for stu's football iq, there's always a good excuse to post this classic

sturaro-football.gif

wes and his potter celebrations have nothing on this gem

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
M C Weston McKennie 1998 Leeds 1.25m €(+ possible 25k) loan + option to buy at 34.5m € (+ possible 4.5m €)
Very low loan fee and only option to buy. Quite a bad deal for us.

And then Leeds still have money and time to spend. They look for a CB replacement for Diego Llorente and Zaniolo. For Zaniolo, Roma ask obligation. Zaniolo is in much worst state and relationship with Roma. And Leeds is very stacked in AM/Winger area. Lets see if this progressed3

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
by Italian standards too. One of the top mids in Serie A
No. Stop it. I mean, there are definitely a couple of US players you could be simping for, but McNuggets is definitely not one of them.

If you think he's a quality midfield player, or one of the top mids in Serie A, then you clearly have no clue what a midfielder's function is. I forgive you, though. We, at JJ, have forgotten what quality mids are like.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I withdraw this statement.
I checked some Sissoko stats and while he was indeed a master tackler with 4 tackles per match and 2.6 interceptions, his passing success was at 80% and not as bad as I remembered.
McKennie's passing success is exactly the same, but he doesn't even average 1 (one) tackle or interception per match.

Damn, football was indeed played differently a decade and longer ago. Technique was important, passing was important. Someone like Sissoko, with 80% passing success, looked like the least talented footballer ever. Now it's all about athleticism and a midfielder with 80% passing success might even pass as a talented player :(
stats don’t tell the whole story. How many passes was Momo averaging per game compared to Mac?

and how many of them were crosses in the box or through balls like Macs? Probably very little because Momo was passing the ball to midfield or defense.

gotta put context into stats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)