Weston “Immovable” McKennie (141 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So his pass to a teammate was shit, the ball luckily bounced back to him who found himself 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper and scored. And that's why we have to elevate him to heaven? Low standards for the average player i guess ...
He actually does everything right there except hit that one pass. Things our other midfielders can't even dream of doing. He attacks the space then dummies the pass because of his insane attacking awareness, then he tries to pass it back to a better player because he's a consummate professional but it doesn't work. Good thing he finishes better than our #9 and he calmly slots it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He actually does everything right there except hit that one pass. Things our other midfielders can't even dream of doing. He attacks the space then dummies the pass because of his insane attacking awareness, then he tries to pass it back to a better player because he's a consummate professional but it doesn't work. Good thing he finishes better than our #9 and he calmly slots it.
Your fanboyism of this guy knows no bounds. :lol:

He’s scored 2 goals this season from all those runs he makes. He scored 6 goals in all comps last season with that insane attacking awareness and amazing finishing. :lol:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Your fanboyism of this guy knows no bounds. :lol:

He’s scored 2 goals this season from all those runs he makes. He scored 6 goals in all comps last season with that insane attacking awareness and amazing finishing. :lol:
6 goals is a lot for a CM. Sami in his prime was known for his runs in the box and I doubt he topped six goals more than maybe once or twice.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
6 goals is a lot for a CM. Sami in his prime was known for his runs in the box and I doubt he topped six goals more than maybe once or twice.
It’s not really imo. Sami was never prolific. He made some decent runs into the box but he didn’t make them often.

All of Vidal, Marchisio, and Pogba had 10+ goals seasons while here without being free kick takers. Vidal took penalties but that changed him from a 12 goal scorer to an 18 goal scorer.

Edit. Just looked it up and Sami had a 9 goal - 6 assist season for us in 17-18. With the amount of time Weston spends up around the opposition box I’d expect at least that for me to consider it a good return.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why? We need him to play CM and CF at once like he does now.
He doesn’t really play CM. Not a good tackler, not particularly good at breaking up play, terrible defensive positioning in our half, poor passing. His strengths are pressing hard in the opponents half when we lose the ball, and making good runs into open spaces in attack with decent finishing. Sounds like a forward to me. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)