Wesley Sneijder (1 Viewer)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Van der Vaart is indeed a much better then Sneijder. He has great technique and vision, as well as an eye for goal. He can play in the gap behind the strikers (as he's doing now with HSV) or as a left midfielder. His defensive qualities are reasonable, but Capello won't play him as a central midfielder. VDV isn't a left winger either, so I doubt he would fit into our current tactics. And there's the point that he doesn't want to play in Italy...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

Because he doesn't want to. Because his grandparents are Spanish and he wants to play there. Because he's not up to Serie A's defenders physiclly.
he's doing pretty good in my football manager 2006 game. :D

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
All this VDV doesn't work with Zlatan is irrelevant in him coming to Juventus. Ive clashed with lots of people yet Ive always been able to find something I like and in time ive learned to respect the person. TBH I think VDV and Zlatan is a lot alike.

to quote da denzel: "You don't have to like each other, but you will learn to respect each other."

... not that this matters since he got no reason to leave HSV.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
pecker said:
All this VDV doesn't work with Zlatan is irrelevant in him coming to Juventus. Ive clashed with lots of people yet Ive always been able to find something I like and in time ive learned to respect the person. TBH I think VDV and Zlatan is a lot alike.

to quote da denzel: "You don't have to like each other, but you will learn to respect each other."

... not that this matters since he got no reason to leave HSV.
That doesn't apply to everyone and personally I don't think that Van der Vaart and Ibrahimovic will ever respect each other or play in the same team again.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Some of the opinions about Wesley Sneijder in this thread are conflicting. Some good things have been said, as well as some bad things. IMO Sneijder is a good young player with a lot of talent and I would be glad to have him here at Juve.

Sneijder's preferred position is in the centre of midfield but he can play wide on the left or on the right if necessary. He's a good passer of the football with impressive technique. He is comfortable with the ball at his feet, he has a good cross, he can take set pieces and he hits one hell of a long shot. His movement is good and he possesses more creativity and vision than most of the midfielders on the Juve roster so as I already said, I'd be glad to have him.

Wesley may not to be as professional or disciplined as your Paolo Maldinis or our own Alessandro Del Piero, but he's young and will learn. Zlatan wasn't exactly an exemplary pro when he came here and he still isn't now but he has certainly improved under Capello in the Juventus system. Specific characteristics aren't tolerated at Juve, Zlatan has learnt that and I'm sure Wesley would too if he made the journey from Amsterdam to Turin like Ibra did.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
pecker said:
Ah, but then again you aren't a spoilt millionaire. ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm not sure, I think he can play the wings as well as an offensive midfielder, but I'm really not sure. I wish someone could tell us more about him. I think he's around 24.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)