Well......Stranger things have happened, I suppose. (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What the hell

No, nothing like that. I'm looking to lease, since I work from home and don't need to travel, and something a little more modest.
I just bought a Skoda Fabia Combi. Which is basically Volkswagen but cheaper. My mom has the Volkswagen version of my car and I don't feel the difference, everything is the same.

The new models (sincz 2015) also look great imo. I wanted a modest, dependable car tbh.

Given your age and nationality I'd look into Volvo SUV's. They are great cars with safety ratings that are simply incredible. The XC90 is a monster, but pretty expensive. Maybe an XC60? If I could afford it, I'd always buy Volvo at this point, simply because they are so much safer than everything else.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just bought a Skoda Fabia Combi. Which is basically Volkswagen but cheaper. My mom has the Volkswagen version of my car and I don't feel the difference, everything is the same.

The new models (sincz 2015) also look great imo. I wanted a modest, dependable car tbh.

Given your age and nationality I'd look into Volvo SUV's. They are great cars with safety ratings that are simply incredible. The XC90 is a monster, but pretty expensive. Maybe an XC60? If I could afford it, I'd always buy Volvo at this point, simply because they are so much safer than everything else.
:touched:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They used to be boring, but these days they built nice looking cars with the best interior I've ever seen and they're the safest by far. If I didn't live in Belgium I'd save up for an XC90, definitely. But over here it's just too big. I doubt it would be easy to drive in Brussels or Antwerp. Though the XC60 is still quite large and is a tremendous success. I see dozens of those every day.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What the hell :lol:

No, nothing like that. I'm looking to lease, since I work from home and don't need to travel, and something a little more modest.
We looked at the XC90 and had the paperwork drawn up but decided in the end to do the Acura MDX. That third row is handy plus we can still put one of the back seats down even with 2 child seats in the back (70/30 vs 60/40). Not sure what you guys plan on getting but living up there where you do I'd look at an AWD. The MDX is. But, Seven is right, the XC90 is an absolutely amazing car to drive. They did a great job.

- - - Updated - - -

I say go for a 1970 chevelle ss
the Chevy from Better off Dead ftw.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We looked at the XC90 and had the paperwork drawn up but decided in the end to do the Acura MDX. That third row is handy plus we can still put one of the back seats down even with 2 child seats in the back (70/30 vs 60/40). Not sure what you guys plan on getting but living up there where you do I'd look at an AWD. The MDX is. But, Seven is right, the XC90 is an absolutely amazing car to drive. They did a great job.

- - - Updated - - -

the Chevy from Better off Dead ftw.

How does it do pricewise on the American market? Here I'd say it's definitely an expensive car. But pretty much everyone drives an Audi or a BMW anyway and I see Porsches and Teslas every day. People really love fancy cars here and we have an economic climate where it's often cheaper for the employer to pay part of the wages through a corporate car.

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #128
    I am not doing an SUV. We already have one. I am doing a car. Like I said, I don't travel much at all, and I am looking for something a little more affordable.

That, and I want to lease, not buy. I don't need to get saddled with a huge car payment

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    How does it do pricewise on the American market? Here I'd say it's definitely an expensive car. But pretty much everyone drives an Audi or a BMW anyway and I see Porsches and Teslas every day. People really love fancy cars here and we have an economic climate where it's often cheaper for the employer to pay part of the wages through a corporate car.
    Dude I'm seeing them everywhere. We had one picked out but needed that 70/30 2nd row with 2 car seats. They are a bit pricey but considering the safety features the Volvo has its a no-brainer for most people. Man it was such a nice drive and the touchscreen tablet size info thingy on the dash was nice too :D

We like the MDX, its also nice to drive but from a luxury perspective the Volvo is well above that. But they are really flying off the shelves here. Easily the best car of last of year IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not doing an SUV. We already have one. I am doing a car. Like I said, I don't travel much at all, and I am looking for something a little more affordable.

That, and I want to lease, not buy. I don't need to get saddled with a huge car payment
    Go Subaru then.

- - - Updated - - -

And we lease both of ours.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Dude I'm seeing them everywhere. We had one picked out but needed that 70/30 2nd row with 2 car seats. They are a bit pricey but considering the safety features the Volvo has its a no-brainer for most people. Man it was such a nice drive and the touchscreen tablet size info thingy on the dash was nice too :D

We like the MDX, its also nice to drive but from a luxury perspective the Volvo is well above that. But they are really flying off the shelves here. Easily the best car of last of year IMO.

Yeah, they're doing pretty well here too. I see the XC60 more often though, but that's probably because the XC90 is a tad big to drive here. Got to say I've been really impressed with Volvo cars lately. And like you say, they are definitely luxurious.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't you lease just about any car? And you mean a sedan, hatch or..?

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #131

- - - Updated - - -

Go Subaru then.

- - - Updated - - -

And we lease both of ours.
    I don't know. I haven't had to do this in 11 years

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Yeah, they're doing pretty well here too. I see the XC60 more often though, but that's probably because the XC90 is a tad big to drive here. Got to say I've been really impressed with Volvo cars lately. And like you say, they are definitely luxurious.
    Yep. They are doing everything right lately. :agree:

Our friends have the XC60 and it's definitely smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. I haven't had to do this in 11 years
    A lot of things are changing man :D

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #133

- - - Updated - - -

Can't you lease just about any car? And you mean a sedan, hatch or..?
    Yes, you can lease just about anything. I'm looking at a full size sedan. I've looked at Kia, Buick so far.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Yes, you can lease just about anything. I'm looking at a full size sedan. I've looked at Kia, Buick so far.
    I drove a Kia Forte from Vancouver to Alaska and back two years ago. It was actually a pretty decent drive. In terms of looks I'm not too fond of Kia though. Couldn't tell you anything about Buick.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    agreed :tup: especially if you have to buy used. a legacy estate or an outback is made for eternity.

btw i drive an accord. don't buy it or any other sedan if you have small kids: baby buggies won't easily fit in sedan trunks. i have to remove the bass speaker if i want to travel with the family :touched:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    On or about April 22, 2016, I will have a new title. One that I had always hoped for, and am still coming to grips with the enormous joy and responsibility, and anxiety, and nervousness, and unconditional love that will come with it.

So, uh, I guess you could call the baby Avril?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)