Week 2 (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
nah..I'm waiting till they are in division 3 and the prices drop sooo low I might even be tempted to buy one:eek:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The same thing that makes a Leicester City shirt cool - it's completely, absolutely and utterly useless to support them 'cause they never get anywhere! :D

I considered buying a Leicester one out of pure nostalgic though but instead just bought a St. George's cross - seemed like a better alternative! :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
The same thing that makes a Leicester City shirt cool - it's completely, absolutely and utterly useless to support them 'cause they never get anywhere! :D
:LOL: I've been telling my family that for years

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
They won't buy it, right? I had the same problem with my colleagues!! :D

- "Yes, but only if we could buy a good forward!"

- "And a good defender, a good keeper, several good midfielders..." :rolleyes: :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
:LOL: exactly!!

I'd say with derby the problem is more severe.. a new board of directors for a start!:greedy:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
20-30 million in debt, a chairman who says he is willing to sell but has rejected several good takeover offers, a terrible playing side languishing in mid table division one, a club losing about 100,000 pounds per day..can it get worse?

we still got rava;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Back on topic, boys and girls... :groan:

===

Le Championnat Preview: Lyon-Monaco

Lyon are in trouble after two successive defeats at home and in Europe which have badly dented their hopes of glory on both fronts. The defending champions' second straight away defeat in le Championnat versus Nantes was a big blow, but the way OL conceded their CL defeat at the hands of Ajax was even bigger.

Jean-Michel Aulas expressed his "utter disappointment" after the match Olympique Lyonnais poorly lost against Ajax Amsterdam on Tuesday night in the ArenA. "It's a terrible disappointment", he told our Archifoot reporter in Amsterdam. "I was shocked by the behaviour of some of our players. Paul Le Guen was right to discipline them at half time".

"What worries me most is our appalling first half performance. We looked very weak in the first 45 minutes. On the other hand, we might have equalized late in the match with a touch of luck".

It is no good setting for their home game against Monaco, a repeat of the 2001 French League Cup final won by Lyon. Even more so that Monaco themselves need to win to bring back some peace in their camp.

Monaco were rocked by yet another internal affair on Thrusday when Senegales goalkeeper Tony Sylva said he wanted first team football. "I can't sit on the bench any longer", he said. "I feel that, at the age of 27, I need to play. If I am not given a chance, I will ask for a move", Sylva insisted.

It was another bomb for coach Didier Deschamps to neutralize. The former Equipe de France leader stood by his choice to filed Italian goalkeeper Flavio Roma. "He fell out of the team selection for injury, not because he made a mistake", Deschamps said.

LATEST TEAM NEWS

Lyon are without Sidney Govou, out for at least ten days. A thigh strain picked up against Ajax has sidelined the France forward after a RMN gave an reassuring idea of the extent of Govou's injury. Frédéric Née is also relieved to learn he will be out for less longer than expected. Mahamadou Diarra is suspended after his sending off against Nantes.

Rafael Marquez should skip all games with Monaco for at least two months, the club said this week. Didier Deschamps will however be boosted by the return of his Italian pair, Flavio Roma and Marco Simone. Central defender Sébastien Squillaci is also available again after recovering from injury.

TEAM FORM GUIDE

Lyon: DWLWLL
Fading form has unsettled the team and infuriated president Aulas. Last week, Lyon were beaten 1-0 by Nantes in controversial circumstances. Before that, OL saw off Lens for the second time in five months in Gerland, bouncing back from a defeat with rivals Sochaux.

Monaco: LLWLWD
It all started like last season ended for Monaco: a string of disappointing results thwarted renewed hopes of glory and placed Didier Deschamps on the black list again. Monaco were unable to beat Sedan last week, just like they had been defeated at home by Marseille and Lens. Wins vs Sochaux and Nantes - ironically - stopped the rot.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:eek: Shock win for Monaco, 3 red cards shown... :shocked:

Lyon - Monaco 1 - 3
54' Laville

14' Nonda
52' Guily
90' Camara

Sent off: Laville, Edmilson, Gallardo (Monaco)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)