webdesign... (4 Viewers)

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    How do I make a file downloadable? a film for example.
    u have to upload it.... for example to a ftp-server...
    maybe u've got some webspace from ur provider... u can use cuteftp to log on ur ftp then and upload the movie via drag&drop...

if u have some webspace u have also received the adress of ur hp...
    the adress normally looks like member.provider.com/user/

any user who wants to download the movie can do so by entering the link + the filename (incl. extension)

member.provider.com/user/film.mov

but films normally have quite a big size, so u might have to search for more webspace....

u could also install ur own ftp, but u have to be online all the time...
    there are numerous ftp-apps around that help u to easily create one. u can select a folder on ur hd as the index path and u can also create user-names with passwords, so that not everybody can connect to it...
    ur ip is the adress of the ftp...
    for example: ftp://63.22.55.33

i've got a question... where can i get good webspace?? (as much as possible, where i also can store movies)

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    mcfarlando - thx a lot... really good links.. i'm sure i'll find something for inspiration!!!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I used cuteftp 4.0 but when I got a new computer I couldn't find it. I only found 5.0 which was not a shareware. Is there any other ftp program on the market which is free or do you know where I can find cuteftp 4.0? :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    My favourite FTP client if FlashFXP. It has many nifty features and its user interface is intuitive. It has such features as:

e.g. if you paste an ftp link into the address bar that says

ftp://name:password:www.whatever.com:2121

it'll automatically adjust the input fields for password, username and port... :cool: It's hard to explain, but it's just a very good program :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    cuteftp does that? Last time i checked (5.0 XP) it didn't ??

oh and ummm ms used to be good, but they changed it
    before it was mostly white, and the main menu was cross-hatched blue. Hard to describe, but it was much prettier

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Cuteftp Pro does at any rate ;)

It's not about the looks as much as the content. The site is unlimited in size and it's not easy enough to navigate, that's the weak point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)