We need .... (general transfer discussion thread) (3 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Thats also the first thing I do. But whats wrong about that? The best thing what ever happened to me when I checked the news after I woke up was:

Capello to Juve - official

Since that day, I always hope for a sweet surprise in the morning!
Yes, I always expect something to happen on thursday since the Capello transfer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

so you still have that arrogant feeling about Mexes... :down: I had it too for a long long time, but then I came back to reality: Moggi won't pay that much for a youngster... :down: :fero: :( Buffon was an exception...
I'm not arrogant about the situation. Actually, I'm more hopeful than anything else at this stage.

PS. This morning Channel4 reported that Oddo and Cannavaro are practically Juve players. I think the former has agreed terms but Lazio have to choose between Birindelli and Iuliano in a player + cash deal, while Canna will arrive with Di Vaio going the other way in a straight swap. Both clubs seem happy enough with the proposal but Moggi and Cannavaro need to talk about issues concerning the player's wages.

Oddo - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

:thumb:

I was hoping for Mexes or Ferrari or Carvalho, but that isn't bad at all.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It could work.
Channel 4 did not write that Cannavaro and Oddo are practically Juve players though, but that Cannavaro and Oddo could be Juve players at the end of the month. Which is a couple of weeks away, and if you realise with how many players we've been linked in the past couple of weeks you can't count on a Cannavaro and Oddo deal being completed.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I'm not arrogant about the situation. Actually, I'm more hopeful than anything else at this stage.

PS. This morning Channel4 reported that Oddo and Cannavaro are practically Juve players. I think the former has agreed terms but Lazio have to choose between Birindelli and Iuliano in a player + cash deal, while Canna will arrive with Di Vaio going the other way in a straight swap. Both clubs seem happy enough with the proposal but Moggi and Cannavaro need to talk about issues concerning the player's wages.

Oddo - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

:thumb:

I was hoping for Mexes or Ferrari or Carvalho, but that isn't bad at all.
Your defense looks good, but I don't have a good feeling about Thuram and Cannavaro in the middle!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Oddo is overrated IMO. He isnt bad but at his age, I dont think he is the man for the job. We need to buy young talent ASAP.
I guess Canna for Di Vaio isnt that bad, but both Fabio and Thuram are more of man-marker than covering sweeper, and they are both over 30s. I dont feel particuarly good about that partnership.
I am beginning to feel that we may end up with horrible Calcio Mercato.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I think a central def. with Ujfalusi and Thuram could work quite well, but if we do get Cannavaro, we should play with a 3-4-1-2. A three men def. with either Cannavaro or Thuram as a sweeper, and Legrottaglie and one of the mentioned as man-markers. That way we could play both, Canna and Thuram, without having any doubts, and that way we could avoid Oddo, by playing Zambrotta on the right wing.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
I don't like Ujfalusi that much either, he's still unexperienced so I doubt that he'd solve our problems... :undecide:
In European football maybe, but this guy is the captain of HSV and already played 24 games for the Czech Rep.
I see him a lot because of the Bundesliga, and I think he would do well in Italy.
But he isn't my top target too. I would have bought Ferrari or Mexes. (and now its time for the meanwhile usual :down: and :wallbang: )

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Now Crespo is at The bitter Rossonerri Rivals Milan

And he went there for free, and better yet Milan only has to pay half his wage---

A couple of years ago we where ready to spalsh a lot of cash for this

With Crespo at Milan they are now the strongest team in the world!?

I mean why did Chelsea buy Veron and Crespo if they were gonna loan them out one season later....

Crespo and Veron were the two signings that made all the players outside the UK actually consider Chelsea as an attractive Club to play for and now they are both loaned out to Milanese clubs and they don't even have to pay their full wages...

Why hasn't Juve tried to loan any of these players!?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
IMO Crespo doesn't make Milan much stronger, because just two out of Tomasson, Inzaghi, Sheva and Crespo can play, and I really don't give a damn, as we have not even started our mercato yet, so cool down, wait till the first of August and I tell you that by the time, we will have signed two or three players.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
yea but these players were completley Free
Crespo even gets a 50% of his wage paid by Chelsea

I know he would have been great for Juve

Hell I would have given Di Vaio and Zalayeta and Tudor
inexchange for this player....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
IMO Crespo doesn't make Milan much stronger, because just two out of Tomasson, Inzaghi, Sheva and Crespo can play, and I really don't give a damn, as we have not even started our mercato yet, so cool down, wait till the first of August and I tell you that by the time, we will have signed two or three players.
We should sign some players this month ; Juve have to hand in a list that are available to play the CL qualifiying stage before the end of the month.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Milan weakpoint has been they only have crappy partners to Sheva in the Italy's biggest Ego INzaghi and Jon "Da Phallushead" Tomasson...
and now they have a world class player on every position altough they are ageing in some areas....

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
Why hasn't Juve tried to loan any of these players!?
Probably because they both suck. Veron hasn't been good since he left Lazio and Crespo hasn't been good for the better part of a decade now.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Probably because they both suck. Veron hasn't been good since he left Lazio and Crespo hasn't been good for the better part of a decade now.
Thank you! Finally someone who knows, how it really is!

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Crespo is an amazing player, His only weakness is that he is prone to injury just as Del Piero and Vieri

but he is still one of the greatest when not injured....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)