We have new sponsorship deal with oilinwest (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2006

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Is this a minor sponsor?
I think yes, if they dont have pretentions to be on our jersey they souldnt be big/main sponsors?
Choosing them over others may or may not be beneficial comparing to their "offer"
Anyway its a good thing of having some options, we really need them now.
Propably they will offer less for this year only...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think they are discussing new terms to the contract along with the amount of money involved. We will be atleast speanding 2 seasons out of europe and 1 season out of serie A.

Thats a big financial risk for oilinvest also.

hobbit

Feb 16, 2004
Turk_Bianconero said:
Juventus has been served a notice of termination of the sponsorship agreement signed on 25th March 2005 with Oilinvest (Netherlands) B.V.. At the same time, anyhow, Juventus and Oilinvest are negotiating in order to reach a four-year sponsorship agreement. In that context, it has been agreed that in the meantime the team shirt will continue to bear the Tamoil logo

link is here
http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1370000&ID=8613
what difference will that make? terminating an agreement but at the same time negotiating to extend the contract... they might as well just renew the agreement and amend the terms and conditions of the existing agreement.... unless... termination means for the time being we are short of 1 sponsor (ie oilinvest).
coz whilst the agreement is terminated, a new agreement has yet been signed.. so there's a gap.. for the time being..

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
The most recent info I've found on Juventus.com is this:-

Events - 07 Sep 2006 - 4:37 PM

Tamoil - the partnership continues

"Over the last few days an important meeting has been taking place between the directors of Juventus and Oilinvest, the company which owns the Tamoil brand, during which the future strategies of the club were illustrated to Juventus? Sole Official Sponsor. Tamoil has agreed to the projects and has confirmed its desire to remain at Juventus? side for the next four years, opening immediate discussions to work out the details of the new deal. At the end of the meeting the companies agreed to the continuity of the partnership, guaranteeing the existing exposure of the Tamoil brand, which will therefore continue to be present on the team shirt, as of the opening game of the championship."

That they want to continue to be our sponsor is good news.They are not only our sponsors, they own several shares. I don't know exactly how many; - somewhere between 7 - 11%? I think the only party with more shares are the Agnelli's. If they had abandoned us, they might have sold the shares & caused the share price to drop, which would have been bad news for Juve.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
AngelaL said:
The most recent info I've found on Juventus.com is this:-

Events - 07 Sep 2006 - 4:37 PM

Tamoil - the partnership continues

"Over the last few days an important meeting has been taking place between the directors of Juventus and Oilinvest, the company which owns the Tamoil brand, during which the future strategies of the club were illustrated to Juventus? Sole Official Sponsor. Tamoil has agreed to the projects and has confirmed its desire to remain at Juventus? side for the next four years, opening immediate discussions to work out the details of the new deal. At the end of the meeting the companies agreed to the continuity of the partnership, guaranteeing the existing exposure of the Tamoil brand, which will therefore continue to be present on the team shirt, as of the opening game of the championship."

That they want to continue to be our sponsor is good news.They are not only our sponsors, they own several shares. I don't know exactly how many; - somewhere between 7 - 11%? I think the only party with more shares are the Agnelli's. If they had abandoned us, they might have sold the shares & caused the share price to drop, which would have been bad news for Juve.
Oilinvest don't own any part of Juventus, unless they just recently bought into it.

The owners of Juventus are Ifil (agnelli's holding company) 60%, LAfico (ghaddaffi) 7.5%, and Giroudo (3.6%), the rest 28.9% is up on the stock market. So unless Oilinvest bought into their stock market shares, they are not apart of the Juventus ownership.

Like I said before, this probably means a revision of our previous contract which would mean most likely that they will still be our main sponsors but for a smaller fee since we are neither in Serie A nor European competition.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
Oilinvest don't own any part of Juventus, unless they just recently bought into it.

The owners of Juventus are Ifil (agnelli's holding company) 60%, LAfico (ghaddaffi) 7.5%, and Giroudo (3.6%), the rest 28.9% is up on the stock market. So unless Oilinvest bought into their stock market shares, they are not apart of the Juventus ownership.

Like I said before, this probably means a revision of our previous contract which would mean most likely that they will still be our main sponsors but for a smaller fee since we are neither in Serie A nor European competition.
Thanks for the info, vOnAm. When the tv commentator to talk about Oilinvest, he had started to say something about them buying shares,but I was distracted by someone talking to me. By the time they had finished, the motormouth commentator had moved onto another subject.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You have got to love big petroleum firms and their beautiful green pockets. Exxon, Oilinvest, you'll be receiving my resume before I graduate.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
AngelaL said:
Thanks for the info, vOnAm. When the tv commentator to talk about Oilinvest, he had started to say something about them buying shares,but I was distracted by someone talking to me. By the time they had finished, the motormouth commentator had moved onto another subject.
They were probably confused as oilinvest is part owned by Lafico who inturn part own juve... as such they arent really that far wrong

Dalton

Apr 6, 2006
why don't we get sponsored by Puma instead of Nike and Fly Emirates instead of Tamoil???? would be a great benifit for our club

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)